T3-Fuel for Thyroid problem, CBL or CNS?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Erik Olafson
    Participant

I was blown away reading the list of Thyroid symptoms in Kiefer’s T3-Fuel whitepaper… describes me to a tee! I have had nearly every symptom for as long as I can remember. Only, my TSH is normal. I’ve ordered my supply of the supplement, but I’m wondering if anybody has any insight into choosing a diet to best compliment for a speedy thyroid recovery. I’d rather gain muscle than lose fat, but I’m willing to do CNS for awhile if that will improve my symptoms quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert Haas
    Participant

Seafood. Oysters, Salmon, Cod, Flounder, Shrimp…more the better. It’s a DHA thing.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Erik Olafson
    Participant

I eat seafood at least three times a week and take a DHA supplement, so I really don’t think that’s the issue. I was more wondering if either of the diet plans would be more effective- Carb Backloading or Carb Nite. I gather that CNS is more health oriented, while CBL is more for performance, or am I wrong about that? I’ve also read that ketogenic diets are not usually recommended for thyroid problems. Not sure which diet to do.

Leah

For thyroid issues, I’d recommend CNS, as I have 2 different MDs OK it (Dr. Rocky and a my integrative medicine PCP). However if your true goal is to gain muscle mass then I would do CBL and make sure you’re not over-training, doing too much cardio, limit no more that 4 hiit sessions a week, and it wouldn’t be bad idea to take some herbal adaptogens to lessen the effects of stress on your body. You have to work in relaxation and recovery twice as hard as you train, and not just lounging around (meditation, epson-salt baths, massage, walks, deep breathing, etc.). Best of luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

T3-Fuel for Thyroid problem, CBL or CNS?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?