Thoughts on the new Animal Whey and rants

• This topic has 6 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/universal-nutrition/animal-whey.htmlI am confused on why some people are acting this is the best protein powder ever created. Its profile isn't anything special compared to everything else that is out there. What I find the most annoying about it is it is coming from a lot of the same people that were mocking Carb Shock. I understand guys like Brandon Lilly and Dan Green are sponsored by Animal, but Brandon Lilly always says there's no magic in protein powders. I am a big fan of Paul Carter from Lift-Run-Bang but he seems to jump on board whatever is popular at the moment and bash it once it fades out a bit. He has had Kiefer on his podcast and done videos on his success with CBL and recently had an article with Dr. Mike Israetel that CBL basically saying the foundation of carbs at night is bullshit. Dr. Mike Isratel know's his stuff but I recently deleted him and Alex Vida due to the fact they seem to focus more on bashing Kiefer and other people than they do making their own cases for their own research. http://www.lift-run-bang.com/2014/05/q-with-dr-israetel-of-renaissance.html

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

This may piss people off, but I actually do not care for Paul Carter.  He doesn't put out information that is useful at all.  I respect him as a lifter, but reading his articles, the ones that are actually about lifting, it's just like talking to a big guy at the gym.  Nothing of substance, just common sense stuff that anyone who's had success with lifting can tell you.  Now I admit, a lot of lifters lack this common sense, but what would benefit you better than reading Lift-Run-Bang is getting to a serious gym and watching other people lift.  Or better yet, do what I did and train as hard as you possibility can and see what you respond to.

This may piss people off, but actually do not care for Paul Carter.  He doesn't put out information that is useful at all.  I respect him as a lifter, but reading his articles, the ones that are actually about lifting, it's just like talking to a big guy at the gym.  Nothing of substance, just common sense stuff that anyone who's had success with lifting can tell you.  Now I admit, a lot of lifters lack this common sense, but what would benefit you better than reading Lift-Run-Bang is getting to a serious gym and watching other people lift.  Or better yet, do what I did and train as hard as you possibility can and see what you respond to.

I can honestly say his video of a front squat and bench press set up have helped me a lot. He has some articles that are very good such as his power-lifting meet weight attempt selection.  I have his e-books and a few shirts so I am a fan of his. I just don't like how he jumps on board with the flavor of the week and bashes them later.

This may piss people off, but actually do not care for Paul Carter.  He doesn't put out information that is useful at all.  I respect him as a lifter, but reading his articles, the ones that are actually about lifting, it's just like talking to a big guy at the gym.  Nothing of substance, just common sense stuff that anyone who's had success with lifting can tell you.  Now I admit, a lot of lifters lack this common sense, but what would benefit you better than reading Lift-Run-Bang is getting to a serious gym and watching other people lift.  Or better yet, do what I did and train as hard as you possibility can and see what you respond to.

I'm glad you said it. I'd agree. I enjoy him as a person, but I get really nothing from him as far as lifting or getting better goes.

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

Nothing too fancy about the whey itself, but I think thats the point. I wouldn't mind some info on the amino profile, but the basic low carb low fat whey with a digestive enzyme addative is something you don't see much of without ordering a specialty protein. For big brand protein, its definitely better than most. I'd take it over ON, Cellulor, Muscletech, or BSN, but for my money I'd stick with a true pure whey iso protein, with zero carbs and zero fat, like TC-F from ProSupps for the CBL protocols.

Nothing too fancy about the whey itself, but I think thats the point. I wouldn't mind some info on the amino profile, but the basic low carb low fat whey with a digestive enzyme addative is something you don't see much of without ordering a specialty protein. For big brand protein, its definitely better than most. I'd take it over ON, Cellulor, Muscletech, or BSN, but for my money I'd stick with a true pure whey iso protein, with zero carbs and zero fat, like TC-F from ProSupps for the CBL protocols.

I actually enjoyed using Muscle Tech's Nitro tech. BB.com had it on sale for 22 dollars not too long ago and for everything you get in it at that price you can't go wrong. My problem with Muscle Tech for years was the fact you are basically paying the body builders in their ads with how expensive their products are. I just find it funny how the guys I mentioned mocked Kiefer for how he marketed Carb Shock but go ahead and do the same thing for a protein powder that isn't even close to being one of the best one's on the market.

Richard Schmitt

Same shit happened with Sean Hyson, one of the first interviews Kiefer had with someone, and a couple months later he changes his stances with the diet. It is just a dog-eat-dog world and who ever produces the most publicity for that $$$ is going to do what is needed to get that. Since we're all being honest, same thing like Mark Bell. I haven't heard anything from Jessie Burdick either. It is funny how some folks can be a stand up guy, but then stab the other person in the back.

acarnovale
    Participant

I think this all is good evidence of why you can't ever be married to one company or fitness personality. Personally, I try to read as many people as possible and keep what I find useful from each one. They're all running businesses so they're always going to do what's best for their business.

Same shit happened with Sean Hyson, one of the first interviews Kiefer had with someone, and a couple months later he changes his stances with the diet. It is just a dog-eat-dog world and who ever produces the most publicity for that $$$ is going to do what is needed to get that. Since we're all being honest, same thing like Mark Bell. I haven't heard anything from Jessie Burdick either. It is funny how some folks can be a stand up guy, but then stab the other person in the back.

Mark Bell put out a 25 minute video regarding his fat-loss 2 years ago and didn't mention CN at all. He does mention it still on his power project videos but I found it surprising he didn't mention it in the video. He said he was "cheating" once a week and all it did was set him back, which I don't see how considering the results he had on it. In his video he did say that it can be a mental set back for some people and that part I understand that for some people. Jesse Burdick gained all of his weight back if not more, which is why I don't think he comments on it anymore.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I don't really think anyone is stabbing anyone in the back, it's just the nature of the business.  This probably why Kiefer got out (sort of).Personally, I think Kiefer is really misunderstood in the fitness industry.  CBL and CNS were not intended for fitness nuts that want to be 5% body fat.  CBL is a diet for your every day lifter than wants to be reasonably lean (think 10% body fat) and CNS was written for overweight people to lose fat.  Both diets have other utilities, but this is what they are for.People also need to stop judging diets based solely on how lean the person can get.  Other factors should include:-  Health and nourishment (enough essential nutrients, hormones, inflammation)-  Performance-  Whether or not the food is enjoyable-  Cost/Availability-  How it effects your lifeThere are diets that make you leaner than CBL or CNS, but nearly all of them require a large amount of resources or they are very difficult or unhealthy to stick to.I made CBL work.  It has served me very well.  I don't need Sean Hyson or Mark Bell to tell me otherwise.

I don't really think anyone is stabbing anyone in the back, it's just the nature of the business.  This probably why Kiefer got out (sort of).Personally, I think Kiefer is really misunderstood in the fitness industry.  CBL and CNS were not intended for fitness nuts that want to be 5% body fat.  CBL is a diet for your every day lifter than wants to be reasonably lean (think 10% body fat) and CNS was written for overweight people to lose fat.  Both diets have other utilities, but this is what they are for.People also need to stop judging diets based solely on how lean the person can get.  Other factors should include:-  Health and nourishment (enough essential nutrients, hormones, inflammation)-  Performance-  Whether or not the food is enjoyable-  Cost/Availability-  How it effects your lifeThere are diets that make you leaner than CBL or CNS, but nearly all of them require a large amount of resources or they are very difficult or unhealthy to stick to.I made CBL work.  It has served me very well.  I don't need Sean Hyson or Mark Bell to tell me otherwise.

Took the words right out of my mouth. There is more than one way to lose fat, you guys can't get so dogmatic in that if Kiefer doesn't say it it doesn't work. I agree that CBL for being generally lean and performing really well works great, and it also works best for my lifestyle. However there are other ways to go about it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thoughts on the new Animal Whey and rants

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?