Tuning CN for fat loss (adjust ULC energy or CN)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

shirtsthatgo
    Participant

Hi All,

Looking forward to the new book and ready to buy! In the meantime I am implementing CN to complete a leaning out goal and am looking for a few tips on tuning. Listened to every podcast I can and think every kiefer nugget to be found I have heard!

– Male, 46, 161 LB, ~9% BF (checked every few months with calipers – 7 point)
    – Been running IF for about 3 years now and have slow cut from 17% BF with many stalls the past year around 10 or 11
    – Slow metabolism (northern UK blood line so very well equipped for famine)
    – CN every four days with 1 depletion training session prior to each CN
    – Eat 1 meal per day most days (evening)
    – 1300Cals or so on ULC days (my TDEE is maybe 1800 – tops)
    – 2500 – 3000 on CN (note that I have difficulty holding off much past 3P before eating on the CN day)
    – clean on ULC days – pretty dirty on CN
    – About 6 weeks in and fat coming off nice though slowing and seeing some energy dips. Very strong in gym and lean extremities but also center of abs not cut yet. Center of abs and just above belly button fat just starting to go. I am close to the goal but also know that I am at the fine tuning stage. If I dip too low in calories I will crater on the ULC days.

To go lower in BF (would like to be 6 to 7%) without being depleted of energy what do you all advise? Do I tune the energy amounts on the CN first or do I look at the ULC days? Or possibly do I look at cleaner CN?

Note: I notice that on this protocol I am very much locked in circadian rythm wise. My days I have lots of energy but after dinner when the sun goes down I am done! On CN I have the insano dreams everyone talks about and they are kind of fun and something I look forward to!

So,…What to tweak first or what tweak is best for keeping the fat loss going…

Thanks guys!

Nick

• This topic was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by shirtsthatgo.

Mari
    Participant

I’m curious why your calories are so low.

shirtsthatgo
    Participant

yeah, they are just really low. I would like to be able to have them higher but if I increase them I just add fat. I train a minimal amount so I am on the ULC days only supporting a one hour walk and normal daily activities (sendentary desk driving work). I train once a week more or less just on the CN day.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tuning CN for fat loss (adjust ULC energy or CN)

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?