Two a day workouts and Crossfit!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tom Singleton
    Participant

Hey,
    been doing CBL pretty consistently for last four years or so with Yates HIT for bodybuilding goals. Worked a treat but I have recently been open minded and looked into Crossfit…turns out I love it!

So my new goals are all geared towards improving my Crossfit performance while getting in my best physical shape.

Question: Should I take Carbs (shake or banana) after fasted morning workout on a two a day workout schedule or not?

From reading the book and various other articles I am thinking my day should look like this on a two a day workout:

Wake: Black coffee

💥Metcon/Wod workout

Breakfast: protein, fat and veg

Lunch: protein, fat and veg

Pre: isolate, creating, coffee

💥Strength/heavy resistance training with accessory work

Diner: protein and carbs

Pre bed: protein shake and carbs

Look right to everyone else or am I missing something?

Kind regards
    Tom

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

What kind of stuff are you doing for the Metcon workouts? Also how long are they?

Tony Sangimino

Looks fine.

Don’t be afraid to increase the carbs a little after the morning workout if it’s intense. Especially if it’s excessively depleting.

If you’re doing pure strength work in the PM, coming in depleted won’t hinder too much. Just make sure to backload yours carbs correctly to not suffer through your morning workouts. If that happens, your PM workouts will suffer as well.

Tom Singleton
    Participant

Ok thanks! My backloads are always a pretty decent size so I am sure I have enough glycogen stored!
    Metcons are usually some form of resistance circuits but some occasional mornings I will do straight cardio, on those days would I still take in any carbs? For instance this morning is 1000m row, 800m run X 3 for time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Two a day workouts and Crossfit!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?