What happens after 6 months?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Aleta Goin
    Participant

I just bought the book and I’m only part way through it, so maybe these questions are answered further on and I just haven’t gotten there yet. If so I apologize. But I’m curious, and I bring these questions up out of a sincere respect and desire to know.

Kiefer mentions that the CNS is a good plan for up to 6 months. Here are some of my questions:
    1. What happens after 6 months? How does one maintain at that point, if they’ve achieved their goals? And what if they haven’t? Is it unsafe to continue after 6 months? Is this simply a short-term fat loss program only?
    2. Perhaps I’ve completely misunderstood, but it sounds like the idea of CNS is to deactivate the enzymes that cause the conversion of carbohydrates into stored fat. This brings up a couple of concerns for me about lifetime maintenance (I’m looking for something sustainable for a lifetime, not just short-term results).
    a. Women’s hormones seem to be very sensitive to changes in metabolism. How does the CNS affect hormonal balances over the long haul? How does it affect pregnancy or women wanting to become pregnant, since disruptions in metabolism can decrease fertility? (Obviously I’m not advocating fat or weight loss during pregnancy, simply concerned about fertility issues.) If a woman is trying to become pregnant is the CNS something that should be tabled until after pregnancy, as opposed to during the time of trying to become pregnant?
    b. Part of the natural aging process in humans is the loss of subcutaneous fat. If the enzymes that convert CHO’s to fat are deactivated, and we lose what we have with no way to replace it as we grow older, wouldn’t that create some negative health effects? Is this enzyme deactivation permanent?

I guess all of my questions are really getting at the idea of what comes next? What comes after the fat loss, or 6 months, that is a lifetime sustainable way of eating that will not cause all of the weight to come back nor have any detrimental health side effects?

danVIENNA

Hey there.

CNS is the best way to improve your health in long-term and also is one of the best ways for improving bodycomposition. The leaner you get, the healthier you’ll be (yes, being a fatass is unhealthy). And the leaner and healthier you get, the better you can handle carbohydrates as your insulinsensitivity get’s up (This is true for the healthy individual). This means, for example, after your 6 months experience, you could change your protocol into something like CBL, where you’re able to eat carbohydrates more often then on carbnite itself, or just jump to another low(er)carb diet, that does not allow overindulging on carbs the whole day but allows to slowly introduce carbohydrates depending on your needs and activitylevels. 🙂

1) Sure, you can go on after the 6 months. But I have to say, people are most likely to have slightly supressed hormones after that long period of lowcarb, so I would suggest to make a break, change the protocol and incorporate more carbs, CBL or something I mentioned above, for maybe 1-4 weeks, then change back. 🙂

2) It’s all about keeping Insulin, low while ULC, except PWO on workoutdays, so the body can mobilize bodyfat – and bursting it from time to time in order to get all the good, fat burning hormones up.

a) b) hope another person can help you with your pregnancyquests.

Greetings,
    Dan

Kevin

I had the same question regarding the maintenance. The author does a great job of explaining how to loose the body fat and that obviously was the focus. However, I would have liked to see him get more in depth about how to maintain the fat loss. I’m still new to the program myself and haven’t read the book cover to cover. I quess one could try a lower carb diet or CBL and if needed do another six months of CNS.

paulakane
    Participant

I just bought the book and I’m only part way through it, so maybe these questions are answered further on and I just haven’t gotten there yet. If so I apologize. But I’m curious, and I bring these questions up out of a sincere respect and desire to know.

Kiefer mentions that the CNS is a good plan for up to 6 months. Here are some of my questions:
    1. What happens after 6 months? How does one maintain at that point, if they’ve achieved their goals? And what if they haven’t? Is it unsafe to continue after 6 months? Is this simply a short-term fat loss program only?
    2. Perhaps I’ve completely misunderstood, but it sounds like the idea of CNS is to deactivate the enzymes that cause the conversion of carbohydrates into stored fat. This brings up a couple of concerns for me about lifetime maintenance (I’m looking for something sustainable for a lifetime, not just short-term results).
    a. Women’s hormones seem to be very sensitive to changes in metabolism. How does the CNS affect hormonal balances over the long haul? How does it affect pregnancy or women wanting to become pregnant, since disruptions in metabolism can decrease fertility? (Obviously I’m not advocating fat or weight loss during pregnancy, simply concerned about fertility issues.) If a woman is trying to become pregnant is the CNS something that should be tabled until after pregnancy, as opposed to during the time of trying to become pregnant?
    b. Part of the natural aging process in humans is the loss of subcutaneous fat. If the enzymes that convert CHO’s to fat are deactivated, and we lose what we have with no way to replace it as we grow older, wouldn’t that create some negative health effects? Is this enzyme deactivation permanent?

I guess all of my questions are really getting at the idea of what comes next? What comes after the fat loss, or 6 months, that is a lifetime sustainable way of eating that will not cause all of the weight to come back nor have any detrimental health side effects?

I think during pregnancy it is better to consult with the doctor and then follow the recommended weight loosing diets, as this is the phase where you have to consume all the proteins and carbohydrates. Yes, it is important to do regular exercises for every women, during pregnancy the exercises could be different, even during menstruation is different. With the help of menstrual cups, exercises can be continued during menstruation as well.

Robert Haas
    Participant

My .02:

1) It’s about taking a break to reset and it is not required. Personally I think CNS is not the best for a maintenance diet but it isn’t the worst when you reach goals. Once goals are reached your whole lifestyle should be geared to health maintenance not just diet.
    2) No enzymes are de-activated. You just become more fat adapted to a better way of eating than the standard American diet of high carbs & low fat. Also, insulin sensitivity should be better.
    a) if there are no metabolic issues then insulin sensitivity should improve, leptin sensitivity should improve, thyroid function should improve, estrogen dominance should be reduced (preconception), circadian rhythms should improve as well as sleep. Decreases in fertility are what happens when the opposite of above happens and leptin resistance sets in.
    b) no this is not what happens. Better (reduced) aging is enhanced through calorie and carb restriction. Enzymes and conversion processes won’t get eliminated, just get used in a more beneficial way.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

What happens after 6 months?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?