WHEN TO CARB BACK LOAD? PLEASE HELP!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ej alano
    Participant

Good day! Basically, i lift Monday, tuesday, thursday and friday.

According to CBL book, Kiefer mentioned that don’t carb back load on off days except when density bulking, consecutive off days and on a high volume training day. But in an interview, he mentioned that one carb back loads only for the next day’s training.

Im confused. Please enlighten me. Thanks guys!

QUESTIONS 1. if i workout on tuesday but not on wednesday, should i carb back-load on tuesday?

2. Should i carb back load on sunday since monday is a training day?

Richard Schmitt

I would suggest you follow the book, it does depend on the type of training you’re doing.

ej alano
    Participant

im doing strength accumulation sir. please help!

i tried to ask from different generous coaches

ONE SAYS “When you backload, you prepare your body for the next workout, doesn’t matter if that workout is the next day, the day after or 2 days later. Timing of backloads is a personal preference. For your questions:
    1) You can either backload Tuesday night OR Wednesday night to prepare for Thursday’s workout, but NOT both. The better option is almost always Tuesday after working out.
    2) I recommend you have a big backload on Friday and stay ULC Saturday and Sunday. If you find that your Monday workouts aren’t great, perhaps you can consider a small “top-up” backload on Sunday nights.”

ANOTHER SAYS “Since you are not training on Wednesday, you would NOT eat Carbs on Tuesday night. Instead you would just continue with your evening meals which will be Proteins, Veggies, and Healthy Fats. The only time you would have Carbs on Tuesday night is if you are trying to BULK. But if your trying to OPTIMIZE Fat Loss AND Muscle Growth, then no carbs Tuesday night.

2.) If you train on Monday, then YES, you would eat carbs on Sunday night.

The easiest way to put it is this: If you’re not working out the next day, then DON’T eat carbs that night.”

PLEASE HELP!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by ej alano.

Robert Haas
    Participant

Keep it simple: Train then backload that evening post training. It’s that easy.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WHEN TO CARB BACK LOAD? PLEASE HELP!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?