Working around other sports as well as strength

• This topic has 3 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Josephrattigan
    Keymaster

If you do another sport in the morning and leave the strength training until the afternoon as planned are their problems with the other sport using up the glycogen from the night before. Does anyone know how to handle this? I’m planning to one sport, finish but keep to low carb and then do the strength training and carb back load. On other days the Strength might have to come first.

Richard Schmitt

If you do another sport in the morning and leave the strength training until the afternoon as planned are their problems with the other sport using up the glycogen from the night before. Does anyone know how to handle this? I’m planning to one sport, finish but keep to low carb and then do the strength training and carb back load. On other days the Strength might have to come first.

No practically doing HIIT in the mornings with your sport (fasted I hope) and yeah keeping it ULC till you lift weights and backload afterwards. If you lift in the mornings just stay ULC the entire day but possibly backload the night prior.

Josephrattigan

Cheers again, sorted

Tomahawk

What kind of sports?

Josephrattigan

Brazilian Jui Jitsu. I'm guessing the sparring is close to HIT

Tomahawk

Brazilian Jui Jitsu. I'm guessing the sparring is close to HIT

That would depend on the level of intensity you spar. Plus the amount of rest between bouts which I am guessing is pretty short. I believe martial arts is a little less like HIIT than people think. Most of the time you are not going balls to the wall, and the rest isnt prolonged. Although I guess you could make the point you are actively resting and then exploding to excute a move. I just know wrestling practice when I was in high school felt like constant torture haha.But yes ULC before and after BBJ(morning/early afternoon) and then carb back load after weights(afternoon/evening).

Josephrattigan

Thanks Tomahawk. I don't thinks up there with Wrestling but I have no finesse so I have to power and explode everything just to keep up, you're still rolling around with a guy trying to dominate you. I definitely keep it UCL until after the strength.

Tomahawk

Thanks Tomahawk. I don't thinks up there with Wrestling but I have no finesse so I have to power and explode everything just to keep up, you're still rolling around with a guy trying to dominate you. I definitely keep it UCL until after the strength.

Not a problem. Ya I figure wrestling would be a bit more explosive in general. I know grappling is a bit more about timing and technique than power. The other person makes the resting a little harder haha. Glad I could help in any way. Was working it in my head as I was typing that last post.

Josephrattigan

It can be any person with me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Working around other sports as well as strength

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?