Workout Programs with CBL

• This topic has 2 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ajhaycock
    Participant

Hi All,I have just purchased the CBL book and looking forward to it. I have essentially been doing it but making the carinal sin (it seems) of a pre carb workout supplement of a sachet of oats and fruit....Anyway I have mainly been usin John Romaniello's Superhero workout and Body Composition Blitz, which are fantastic.Has anyone else had any exprience with these programs and CBL? They're strength, pyramid, density,  bodyweight and high speed dynamic rolled into one 6-12 weeks program.Does anyone have any suggestions or programs to follow?Thanks guys 8)

Richard Schmitt

Usually lifting heavy without all the fancy moves makes CBL work. Those might be ok. But the Meadows podcast #15 goes in depth about what works.

ajhaycock
    Participant

Cheers Big Tex.Kiefer mentions in his book "to back load to replace glycogen levels for the next days workout". I usually train strength wise 3 days per week, mon, wed and fri. Would you still only backload on these days?Im confused....

Richard Schmitt

Cheers Big Tex.Kiefer mentions in his book "to back load to replace glycogen levels for the next days workout". I usually train strength wise 3 days per week, mon, wed and fri. Would you still only backload on these days?Im confused....

Oh yes backload after evening lifts.

ajhaycock
    Participant

Ok Thanks. Kiefer to state to back load when taking two days off also I read. Would this be a light backload on the sunday night for example?

Richard Schmitt

You can, however it all really depends on what you're doing that day in regards to lifting. For me it would Legs, and I always make sure I leave the gym in a “Drunkin Walk” state. Meaning I lift heavy. So a nice carb meal to help me go through that (the evening prior) could be beneficial. If you're doing so Chest or something maybe going ULC on those two days would be the better route. You'll have to assess it yourself based on how you feel.

ajhaycock
    Participant

I see.Thanks Big Tex, you've been really helpful. Appreciate it

Richard Schmitt

I see.Thanks Big Tex, you've been really helpful. Appreciate it

You're welcome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Workout Programs with CBL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?