1, 3-DIMETHYLAMYLAMINE

• This topic has 11 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

SchilleroStrength

Yes I agree many (if not most) supplement companies are dishonest.  But it should be our responsibility to determine what works best for our goals and needs.  Nobody is forcing anyone to buy supplements, and if I decide to use a supplement like DMAA that can be effective when used safely, it should be my decision to make.  Many more people have statistically died and gotten sick from many namebrand drugs than DMAA.  In a perfect world the FDA would care about our well-being as the primary concern, but I unfortunately don't believe that to be the case. Money corrupts a lot of things, and I think we can all agree that the pharmaceutical industry has at least a slighttt impact on the FDA's decisions lol. 

McLeod2012

If you listen to the recent podcast, Kiefer actually mentions DMAA in regards to increasing focus.

Jeffrey Hansen
    Participant

Yes, the way he described it made me want to try it, my local shop only sells it in pre-workout blends Such as Jack3d http://www.amazon.com/USPlabs-Jack3d-Grape-Bubblegum-flavor/dp/B007NKOV28/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338838231&sr=8-1Can it be bought alone?Would one of those pre workout drinks be a good post workout drink on CBL?Where can it be bought before its gone?

nickl413

Here is the full list of products containing DMAA, from the FDA's website:Biorhythm SSIN JuiceLean EfxSpirodexPWRNapalmCode RedHemo Rage BlackLipo-6 Black Ultra ConcentrateLipo-6 BlackLipo-6 Black Hers Ultra ConcentrateLipo-6 Black Hers MethylHex 4,2 Nitric BlastOxy Elite ProJack3D all pre-workouts or fat burners.

You can find it pure, but it's hard to find. Most companies that did make it solo stopped making it at least a year ago. You can still find it in little independent supp stores

SchilleroStrength

Would one of those pre workout drinks be a good post workout drink on CBL?Where can it be bought before its gone?

I don't believe a pre-workout drink such as Jack3d would be a good option for a post-workout.  Based off Kiefer's recommendations, the only supps you should need would be the protein blend (optional), leucine, caffeine, and creatine.  Those ingredients will be much less expensive to buy seperately than taking Jack3d.  Also, Jack3d is under-dosed and although having some very solid ingredients, wastes powder on Arginine as the primary ingredient, which I'm not a fan of.  You should be able to get Creatine Monohydrate powder and Caffeine pretty cheap and save a few bucks!  If you decide to do a pre-workout for before you lift, I'd go with one with mental focus ingredients like Tyrosine, DMAE, etc, Creatine, Caffeine, and Beta-Alanine (muscle acid buffer, helps with fatigue).  Alphagen by Morphogen Nutrition is my favorite pick and is a solid dose and inexpensive. You can get it at http://www.morphogennutrition.com if you want to check it out.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Just order it off of Amazon in capsule form.

jsmith

@ Schillero Strength or anyone really.Why aren't you a fan of arginine?

SchilleroStrength

@ Schillero Strength or anyone really.Why aren't you a fan of arginine?

Arginine would work very well as a nitric oxide stimulator in theory, however as more research has been done on arginine it looks like it is so broken down during digestion it doesn't actually make it into the blood stream as arginine.  Citrulline actually causes more of a spike in arginine in the blood stream than arginine itself.  And the research on "nitric oxide boosters" is sketchy and inconsistent at best, here's a pretty good article by the ISSN citing some research: http://sportsnutritioninsider.insidefitnessmag.com/2631/yes-or-no-the-final-answer-on-nitric-oxide-no-supplements..Biggest problem is a lot of pre-workout supps have arginine as the primary ingredient, and it ends up making up the majority of their proprietary blend because it's cheap and was trendy for a while.  My personal opinion is stick with what works (stims, creatine, etc) and don't waste your money on "boosting nitric oxide".

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

1, 3-DIMETHYLAMYLAMINE

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?