12 week Progress

• This topic has 8 voices and 33 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

@ CoryCheers man. Hello to New York as well, I use to live in Manhattan on the upper west side. Best city on the planet. I have just started back on CBL last Monday and the plan is to use it to get below 10%, and try and gain back the little strength that I lost during the first twelve weeks. I really enjoy the challenge of figuring out what works for me. I have found that, due to my height and over all size, and the physicality of my job, a lot of things that worked for others did not work for me. So another part of the plan, you may say, is to learn more about my body so I can manipulate more efficiently.

Small world, my friend.  NYC is truly the best city on the planet!  😀I used to live UWS (Morningside Heights), now I am Midtown East (Sutton Place).  What 'hood did you live in?You made a great statement:"So another part of the plan, you may say, is to learn more about my body so I can manipulate more efficiently."Very wise.  I am a firm believer that everyone should learn about themselves.  I always find it odd that some people's biggest stranger is actually themselves.You're thought process and plan sounds like mine:  to use CBL to drop below 10% (I am still in the 'get to 10%' phase, lol).  I will be following your progress!  🙂Cory

riain80

@ibobland08Hello man, 12st 6lb at the beginning of the 12 weeks.During the prep-phase I incorporated HIT training to deplete my glycogen stores in order to get to the fat burning stage a little quicker. I do think that most of it was water loss, but I am positive I lost fat too. I only put the numerical weight lost up there to show the considerable drop in weight that was achieved following the protocol - we all know people are a stickler for numbers. However, I did not experience a continues drop in weight over the twelve weeks. For four weeks of the twelve the scales did not move, but I was leaning out no end. I also agree that the water I would have lost during the prep would have been gained back after the first carb night which would of made me heavier on the scales; refilled glycogen stores would have also added some weight to the scale. I put on 5lbs after the first carb night; I never made that mistake again, lol.Again your right mate, even though I have lost quite a lot on the scale, some of which came at a price due to my impatience, I know I have lost more in terms of fat. Better to check your progress in the mirror; or even better, take some photos. Scales only cause unnecessary anxiety, and impatience.

riain80

@ibobland08Hello man, 12st 6lb at the beginning of the 12 weeks.During the prep-phase I incorporated HIT training to deplete my glycogen stores in order to get to the fat burning stage a little quicker. I do think that most of it was water loss, but I am positive I lost fat too. I only put the numerical weight lost up there to show the considerable drop in weight that was achieved following the protocol - we all know people are a stickler for numbers. However, I did not experience a continues drop in weight over the twelve weeks. For four weeks of the twelve the scales did not move, but I was leaning out no end. I also agree that the water I would have lost during the prep would have been gained back after the first carb night which would of made me heavier on the scales; refilled glycogen stores would have also added some weight to the scale. I put on 5lbs after the first carb night; I never made that mistake again, lol.Again your right mate, even though I have lost quite a lot on the scale, some of which came at a price due to my impatience, I know I have lost more in terms of fat. Better to check your progress in the mirror; or even better, take some photos. Scales only cause unnecessary anxiety, and impatience.

riain80

riain80

riain80

riain80

Don't know why that has sent multiple times! Doh…

riain80

@drrcpatelCheers brother.It's been a mission, but a fun one at that!

riain80

@drrcpatelCheers brother.It's been a mission, but a fun one at that!

riain80

@gavwhiteukCheers brother.I defo intend to mate. Flat out at er!Aye man, get Shockwave sorted; it's a beast of a work out, perfect for this carry on. I have just switched to the Heavy Duty protocol. Shit the bed, it's a shock to the system!Let me know how you get on with it.

riain80

@gavwhiteukCheers brother.I defo intend to mate. Flat out at er!Aye man, get Shockwave sorted; it's a beast of a work out, perfect for this carry on. I have just switched to the Heavy Duty protocol. Shit the bed, it's a shock to the system!Let me know how you get on with it.

riain80

riain80

@ Cory I lived on 96 Central Park West, awesome stop.Cheers about the statement. You made one yourself in regards to the biggest stranger being themselves, very philosophical.Yeah man, I just started going through all your post yesterday, which I have yet to finish. I will be responding to them once i read them all and. You look like you are making good progress yourself mate, keep up the good work; we can only improve. When we think we have achieved perfection that's when innovation and true progress stops. Good job I suffer from body dysmorphia then, lol! Keeps me on my toes.

Gavin White
    Participant

Did you do the shockwave protocol exactly like it is laid out or did you modify it at all? I've got to try to make it into a 3 day split as I can't normally get to the gym 4 or more days a week.

@ Cory I lived on 96 Central Park West, awesome stop.Cheers about the statement. You made one yourself in regards to the biggest stranger being themselves, very philosophical.Yeah man, I just started going through all your post yesterday, which I have yet to finish. I will be responding to them once i read them all and. You look like you are making good progress yourself mate, keep up the good work; we can only improve. When we think we have achieved perfection that's when innovation and true progress stops. Good job I suffer from body dysmorphia then, lol! Keeps me on my toes.

Thanks.  I can be philosophical at times.LOL @ body dysmorphia / reverse anorexia / "bigorexia", however you want to call it.  I got it, too.  I will never be big enough, so I keep lifting, keep pushing, keep perfecting.As w/ 96 and CPW subway stop, I am very familiar (that's an A, B and C train station).  Very nice area, and excellent view of the park (if you had a place over-looking). Cory

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

12 week Progress

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?