3 days into reorientation, question about protein powder timing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Taryn Phillips
    Participant

Glad to be here first off. It’s hard sometimes to wrap your mind around a new comcept(new to you). I am so used to taking in a protein shake since we are creatures of habit. Over the last 20 years I have more often than not had at least one protein shake everyday. After reading CNS and starting my reorientation and re reading again I am afraid I might hinder my own progress by consuming too much protein.

I realize three days in I am shedding a lot of water but it’s still exciting to be 12 pounds lighter. I can’t seem to find whether or not I should take in a protein shake after weight training and I recall Kiefer mentioning that too much protein will slow the pull of fat stores from fat cells. I know I should have a viable supply of protein available in my liver but I just want to make the most of the time put in as this is what CNS seems to be all about:)

Thank you for your time and any wisdom would be so greatly appreciated!

Take care all,

Taryn

Robert Haas
    Participant

A shake is fine post training, just none pre or intra. The latest is to wait one hour with only water consumed until then to let catabolism do it’s gig. Then consume the protein shake.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Taryn Phillips
    Participant

Robert,

Thanks so much my man. I have just under 24 hours left of my first ever reorientation left and then my first carb night. I am really shocked how truly easy(mentally)this has gotten on day 9.

Again I appreciate you chiming in as I was deathly afraid that as clean and good as I have been for over a week that a protein shake here or there could force me to have to start over:). I’ll give it an hour too, thanks!

Taryn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

3 days into reorientation, question about protein powder timing.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?