A gym story

• This topic has 5 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Penny Danner
    Participant

At my new gym there is this guy that I think qualifies as a “little person”.  I say this about how he looks because I often have to “fight” him for the 10 and 15# dbs for some of my lower weight sets (vs the other guys that I have to fight for the 25s!).  I've seen him twice now.  On Sunday when I was needing a 15# db because there was only 1 on the rack, I looked around and couldn't figure out where it could be.  Okay, so I will do a really light set with 10s I told myself.  ONLY ONE 10#!!!  I noticed Mr. LP was doing dumbbell bench presses....then I figured out he was using ONE 10# and ONE 15#!!!  Do I go over and tell him that he has 2 different sized weights?  Or did he do it on purpose?  I really wasn't sure what to do.So I went today to the gym and I'm almost finished with my workout.  I see Mr. LP near the dumbbells again.  I go to get the 10# dbs and one is missing.  "Okay, I'll use 15# because I was able to do a set with 15s last time (bent over DB side laterals)" I told myself.  Then I noticed he is doing biceps curls with ONE 5# and ONE 10#!!!!  Ahhhhh!!!!  I finally asked him if I could use the 10 while he rested and then I decided those were too light and went with the 15s for my next sets.So apparently he must know that he is using two different weights!!  CRAZZZYYY!!!  I'm definitely seeing some different stuff at this gym that I didn't see at my old gym!

Spatz

That's wild! I want to go to a gym to get gym stories…

Penny Danner
    Participant

LOL!!  I really wish I had room here for a workout room of my own…maybe in a few years when I'm sure older son isn't moving back in!

TCB
    Participant

That's wild! I want to go to a gym to get gym stories...

Trust me... no you don't! 😛The stories are funny until they affect your workout.. Like you want to squat, but someone is giant-setting standing-on-a-bosu-ball-barbell-curls with pullups in the only squat rack, with pushups done in another room. (Yep, happened to me.)Definitely glad for my home platform and bumpers.

Richard Schmitt

That's wild! I want to go to a gym to get gym stories...

Trust me... no you don't! 😛The stories are funny until they affect your workout.. Like you want to squat, but someone is giant-setting standing-on-a-bosu-ball-barbell-curls with pullups in the only squat rack, with pushups done in another room. (Yep, happened to me.)Definitely glad for my home platform and bumpers.

I need to get horse mats and build a platform. I will be the one Squatting in the Curl Rack. I need placement for pins and they seem to go low enough.

thestiffmeister
    Participant

That's so weird!Yesterday there were dudes sitting around in a circle doing ultra light bicep curls and just lounging around.I know it's SE Asia rain season and all, but come on, it's so demotivating to see people laying on machines and racks like they are about to die. That or the endless stretching/core mobilization exercises, Jesus Christ those people are already soft and loose in all the wrong ways, put some fucking weight on the bar and move it or leave my training space.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A gym story

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?