Ace-K not a problem?

• This topic has 7 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

zewski

http://propanefitness.com/does-acesulfame-k-spike-insulin/This is from propanefitness.comI really like these guys, and they put out good info. Kind of like young kiefers in that all of their info is usually based on proven science.

sckiely
    Participant

Nice! But remember that if you are struggling to get results you may be more sensitive to this than the article suggests.So should still be the first thing eliminated when you aren't getting progress

Damon Amato
    Participant

Good to know.  I wonder if this is enough evidence to change kiefers recommendation.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I posted a study a while back that showed no artificial sweetners spike insulin.  However this was not a peer reviewed study.

This is an isn't true. Can you have a stick of sugar free gum? YesCan you have a case of coke zero? NoI think Kiefer really is going with, human natural is doing things to excess. Fact Ace K does spike insulin, but yes it will take more then a single can or a piece of gum to do it.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

This is an isn't true. Can you have a stick of sugar free gum? YesCan you have a case of coke zero? NoI think Kiefer really is going with, human natural is doing things to excess. Fact Ace K does spike insulin, but yes it will take more then a single can or a piece of gum to do it.

Well yea, but I meant in amounts that are typical in a drink.

PropaneFitness

Any questions about the article or the studies we reference? You can comment on the article, or get in touch with us at http://propanefitness.com/contact/

Well yea, but I meant in amounts that are typical in a drink.

ToucheI was just clarifying.

PropaneFitness

Did you read the article? Based on the evidence available, you've drawn exactly the opposite conclusion to what logic would dictate. There seems to be no evidence, in humans, that Ace K spikes insulin. If you had read the article you would see that, using a conversion formula for calculating human doses from animal doses, the amount of Ace K required to achieve the effects seen in the rat study would be equivalent to about 10 litres of Coke Zero consumed by a 60kg adult human. But even that's not quite true, because we don't know how oral administration would affect the insulin response; the rats in the first study quoted were given an infusion of Ace K. Furthermore, since studies on humans indicate no effect on insulin, even in the presence of carbohydrates, it doesn't even matter that the amounts involved here border on the absurd.However, with all of that being said, the most sensible option here is to monitor your blood glucose and see how you respond. That's if you really don't trust the evidence presented here.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Blood glucose is a separate issue from insulin, however very interesting. Awaiting Kiefers response to see if it's also convinced him to change his own recommendation.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

PropaneFitness

Blood glucose is a separate issue from insulin, however very interesting. Awaiting Kiefers response to see if it's also convinced him to change his own recommendation.

Yes they are separate but there is an obvious causative link. You would notice a drop in blood glucose from a spike in insulin. This would be the only real way to obtain biometric data without medical intervention.

TheGreyWolf

Good to know.  I wonder if this is enough evidence to change kiefers recommendation.

Me too!  I'm really happy to see that you guys at PF did a bit of looking into this issue and are bringing it back into the conversation.  Coke Zero is so tasty.

Nicholas E bucci
    Participant

@ibobland… Thats a good find of an article. It's pretty straight forward in the discussion section stating the consumption of these sweetners (Ace-k is one of them) “…cause no changes in the level of plasma insulin during the two hour period of observation.”Couple that with what the guys at Propane are saying, and it sure seems like Ace-k isn't as bad as originally thought?I'm def curious to get a response from Kiefer or anyone who is more knowledgeable on the subject. I would lovvvvvve to be able to down an Monster Rehab in the a.m. just for flavor alone!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

@ibobland... Thats a good find of an article. It's pretty straight forward in the discussion section stating the consumption of these sweetners (Ace-k is one of them) "...cause no changes in the level of plasma insulin during the two hour period of observation."Couple that with what the guys at Propane are saying, and it sure seems like Ace-k isn't as bad as originally thought?I'm def curious to get a response from Kiefer or anyone who is more knowledgeable on the subject. I would lovvvvvve to be able to down an Monster Rehab in the a.m. just for flavor alone!

I tried beating this like a dead horse a few months ago and I was largely ignored.  Kind of funny people are finally begining to notice.  Really when you think about it makes no sense whatsoever.  Ace-K spikes insulin, let's say it does as much as pure glucose.  Would taking 300 mg of dextrose give you an rise in insulin levels that is even significant?  There is more glucose in two cups of lettuce!So either:1.  Ace-K does not spike insulin2.  We discovered the most insulinotropic substance known.  Why aren't we supplementing with this stuff by the gram when we backload?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ace-K not a problem?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?