All fat

• This topic has 4 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

benwils911
    Participant

Back in June or July I had my body fat tested using the InBody 520, which is supposed to have a .98 accuracy correlation with DEXA.  I was 223 lbs and 20.6% bodyfat.  This gave me a lean body mass of 177 lbs.In the beginning of August, I started CBL, sort of.  No prep phase and no measuring of macros at all.  I bought the book middle-end of August, and fine tuned some things.  I never did a full prep phase, just a couple of days because things were already going so well without it.I just had my test done again today and got a score of 14% bodyfat with a lean body mass of 177 lbs. This and I was feeling a little soft today.This means that over the course of two months or so, I was able to drop almost 7% and 16 lbs of body fat without losing any LBM and without even trying.  When I started CBL, I had no intention of using it to lose weight, it just sort of happened.Awesome.Ben

Richard Schmitt

Holy…shit Ben! That's some awesome end results! I'm sure you are very pleased.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Back in June or July I had my body fat tested using the InBody 520, which is supposed to have a .98 accuracy correlation with DEXA.  I was 223 lbs and 20.6% bodyfat.  This gave me a lean body mass of 177 lbs.In the beginning of August, I started CBL, sort of.  No prep phase and no measuring of macros at all.  I bought the book middle-end of August, and fine tuned some things.  I never did a full prep phase, just a couple of days because things were already going so well without it.I just had my test done again today and got a score of 14% bodyfat with a lean body mass of 177 lbs. This and I was feeling a little soft today.This means that over the course of two months or so, I was able to drop almost 7% and 16 lbs of body fat without losing any LBM and without even trying.  When I started CBL, I had no intention of using it to lose weight, it just sort of happened.Awesome.Ben

Awesome results!  Though I am surprised you didn't put on any lean mass.  Have you been training a really long time?

benwils911
    Participant

Yeah, about 16 years, if that's a long time.  I'm not surprised I didn't put on any lean mass because, like I mentioned, I didn't do things 100% compliant.  No prep phase, no measuring carbs, etc.  I just wanted to make small changes at a time.  With a family, it's tough to make large lifestyle changes at once.  I'm still slowly adding things/principles.  For example, I just added creatine in last week.I don't think I was eating nearly enough and, from experience, I need to eat a lot to put on lean mass.  At least I have total confidence in CBL now and will work on eating a ton and putting on weight, knowing that any fat I do put on will come off clean and easy.I'm actually trying to put on weight right now because I have a powerlifting meet coming up on Dec 1 and, weighing at the bottom of my weight class, I have a lot of room to grow.  I find that weighing more, whether it's all good weight or not helps.  Once the meet is over, I'll get rid of whatever fat I put back on, because I feel a heck of a lot better leaner.  Ben

benwils911
    Participant

The great thing I've found with CBL is that I haven't really had to change what I eat too much, just timing and amounts.  It is by far the easiest “diet” I've ever tried.  I've dropped weight several times in the past, using low carb diets, low calorie diets, and just by doing tons of cardio and one thing they all had in common was that they were physically and mentally tough and just not fun.  CBL was effortless.One thing I keep telling people is that you don't realize how bad you used to feel on a daily basis, until you feel good.  I have more energy than I've had in years.Ben

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Well it makes sense that you didn't put on any mass if you have been training for 16 years.

Awesome results!

benwils911
    Participant

Thanks!  The plan now is to get monthly body fat tests done to see how things are going.

JMoye

Awesome progress man. Will be interesting to see what kind of gains you can make on CBL after 16 years of training. How tall are you?

benwils911
    Participant

Thanks, I'm just over 6'.

Richman

What would you say was a typical days food intake for you on a backload day.? Rich

FurorGermanicus

pics all gone?  🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

All fat

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?