Any nerds up in here?

• This topic has 11 voices and 54 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

hack_attack
    Participant

YOUR POWERS ARE USELESS, Q-TIP MAN! I…I just can't stop laughing.

David Margittai
    Participant

That was the goal. Glad you're enjoy it!

I am a massive nerd. I love anime, video games, and comics/manga.Eden of the east is amazing, and FMA is hands down one of the best animes I've ever watched.They did such an incredible job and creating a connection with the characters.

David Margittai
    Participant

I am a massive nerd. I love anime, video games, and comics/manga.Eden of the east is amazing, and FMA is hands down one of the best animes I've ever watched.They did such an incredible job and creating a connection with the characters.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. That's the kind of thing I like to hear. I just got my laptop shipped back to me after the touchpad crapped out (been using a real piece of shit computer as a temp for the last 2 weeks), so I'll be queuing some shows up real soon!

I posted a fucking picture of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, in another thread, any questions? 😛Cory

…posting it again, in here.  Why?  Because it's Scorpion, that's why!Cory

P.J.
    Participant

Naruto ftw!  ;D

P.J.
    Participant

Anybody here play Starcraft, Diablo, or Dark Souls by any chance?

Richard Schmitt

Fuckin badass! >=D who wouldn't want to be ripped with a flaming skull kicking someone's ass!?!? Haha. By the way y'all, haven't found any anime that really sparks my interest, but I play the shit out of video games. Even got Xbox Live if any of y'all have a gamer tag.

David Margittai
    Participant

Naruto ftw!  ;D

I take it Naruto really is that good? I've heard pretty much nothing but good things over the years, but have never gotten around to actually checking it out.

P.J.
    Participant

Naruto ftw!  ;D

I take it Naruto really is that good? I've heard pretty much nothing but good things over the years, but have never gotten around to actually checking it out.

Yeah I think so.  It's become my favorite anime to watch by far 🙂

Naruto ftw!  ;D

Yeah I think so.  It's become my favorite anime to watch by far 🙂

I love naruto.The current story arc is amazing.I love bleach too, I hope they bring the anime back once the manga finishes the last story arc.

Anybody here play Starcraft, Diablo, or Dark Souls by any chance?

I play Diablo some, though I've mostly been playing Guild Wars 2 since it came out.

P.J.
    Participant

The only thing annoying about Naruto is the amount of filler episodes in-between.  What I like to do is purposely fall behind in the story then watch all the new episodes marathon style so I'm not left hanging after 2 episodes lol.  It also makes for epic carb nights haha!How is Guild Wars 2?  I was really disappointed in Diablo 3 being an avid Diablo 2 fan.  They added paragon levels though in the recent patch so I'm slowly getting back into it.  Add me if ever you're online.  My battletag is Gondo#1904

hack_attack
    Participant

Naruto is …alright. Shippuden is good, but the first three seasons of the original series are…. well anyway. Guild Wars 2 is actually really really good. It is absolutely GORGEOUS, and the world is huge. Besides this, the use of dynamic world-events is a great touch. Also holy balls have I mentioned how much I love you guys now? Currently, I am in the middle of my third playthrough of Mass Effect 3 (that series is probably the best thing to happen to Sci-fi in at least thirty years.) and am watching To Aru Kagaku No Railgun, which is a lot of fun. I would say once you have some anime under your belt and better understand the tropes and stereotypes that go along with different genres, some great ones to watch are Baka and Test as well as Ouran High School Host Club, both of which parody their respective genres while having their own heart, soul and brain. Another great one is Blood+, which has some incredibly rich character development and a great story. However, probably one of my favorite things to happen recently is Avatar: The Legend of Korra (I know its a Western animation, not an anime, but it is wonderful nonetheless) That show is....just jaw-droppingly amazing. Everything from the quality of the animation to the characters to the absolutely amazing world combines to form something that is nearly perfect. Definitely a must-see.

David Margittai
    Participant

However, probably one of my favorite things to happen recently is Avatar: The Legend of Korra (I know its a Western animation, not an anime, but it is wonderful nonetheless) That show is....just jaw-droppingly amazing. Everything from the quality of the animation to the characters to the absolutely amazing world combines to form something that is nearly perfect. Definitely a must-see.

Dude. Legend of Korra is PHENOMENAL! After having been a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender (and then again after a Netflix refresher), I was so disappointed that nothing else had come out to follow it...and then came Lok. I was blown away. And it looks like it stands to get even better! With the new production mega-order it looks like we'll finally get the chance to see the fully realized Avatar that we didn't get to see in the last series.Super pumped!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Any nerds up in here?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?