Any nerds up in here?

• This topic has 11 voices and 54 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Zach516

Anybody here play Starcraft, Diablo, or Dark Souls by any chance?

Don't even get me started on dark souls. JKLSHFIODGHFIUODHSUOFH <--- thats how I feel when I play that game.

hack_attack
    Participant

However, probably one of my favorite things to happen recently is Avatar: The Legend of Korra (I know its a Western animation, not an anime, but it is wonderful nonetheless) That show is....just jaw-droppingly amazing. Everything from the quality of the animation to the characters to the absolutely amazing world combines to form something that is nearly perfect. Definitely a must-see.

Dude. Legend of Korra is PHENOMENAL! After having been a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender (and then again after a Netflix refresher), I was so disappointed that nothing else had come out to follow it...and then came Lok. I was blown away. And it looks like it stands to get even better! With the new production mega-order it looks like we'll finally get the chance to see the fully realized Avatar that we didn't get to see in the last series.Super pumped!

I fully agree! The ONLY thing holding LOK back was the fact that it was 12 episodes long. Within that context, they just did not have the amount of time needed to really flesh things out even further. I am astounded they managed to create such a world with so few episodes. Now that we have over 40 more  on the way, I am practically drooling in anticipation. The thing about it is that the original series didn't get really great until later on, because they didn't know whether or not it would last. Once they had the funding and a following, they were able to really make it awesome. LOK started with a budget and a huge following, so it was able to blow everyone away from the get-go. Also, fuck Mako. Bolin deserved (and is a far better match for) Korra. Opposites don't attract or work as relationships in real life. The healthiest relationships are the ones formed on common ground and similarity. From what I saw, it looked like a Bolin/Korra thing was perfect. Mako had a damn girlfriend who was absolutely crazy about him, and he just dropped her like a sack of potatoes.

Blake Norfleet
    Participant

I'm a fan of just about everything you guys have posted. I'm only posting so I can keep track of hack's suggestions. 🙂I stopped watching the later Nautro's because I could find a descent website to watch it from, same with Full Metal. I had to settle for Brotherhood on Netflix.

David Margittai
    Participant

However, probably one of my favorite things to happen recently is Avatar: The Legend of Korra (I know its a Western animation, not an anime, but it is wonderful nonetheless) That show is....just jaw-droppingly amazing. Everything from the quality of the animation to the characters to the absolutely amazing world combines to form something that is nearly perfect. Definitely a must-see.

Dude. Legend of Korra is PHENOMENAL! After having been a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender (and then again after a Netflix refresher), I was so disappointed that nothing else had come out to follow it...and then came Lok. I was blown away. And it looks like it stands to get even better! With the new production mega-order it looks like we'll finally get the chance to see the fully realized Avatar that we didn't get to see in the last series.Super pumped!

I fully agree! The ONLY thing holding LOK back was the fact that it was 12 episodes long. Within that context, they just did not have the amount of time needed to really flesh things out even further. I am astounded they managed to create such a world with so few episodes. Now that we have over 40 more  on the way, I am practically drooling in anticipation. The thing about it is that the original series didn't get really great until later on, because they didn't know whether or not it would last. Once they had the funding and a following, they were able to really make it awesome. LOK started with a budget and a huge following, so it was able to blow everyone away from the get-go. Also, fuck Mako. Bolin deserved (and is a far better match for) Korra. Opposites don't attract or work as relationships in real life. The healthiest relationships are the ones formed on common ground and similarity. From what I saw, it looked like a Bolin/Korra thing was perfect. Mako had a damn girlfriend who was absolutely crazy about him, and he just dropped her like a sack of potatoes.

Yeah...Bolin got kind of dicked on that one...but man, I really feel for Asami...I mean...no mom, now no dad...and now Korra up and steals her man? She's striking out hardcore.They did it because of the way they introduced Mako's character. He was the serious one, the "big brother"/provider, dark and serious, etc...you get the idea. They used the relationship angle to break his character out of that mold.

hack_attack
    Participant

I'm a fan of just about everything you guys have posted. I'm only posting so I can keep track of hack's suggestions. 🙂I stopped watching the later Nautro's because I could find a descent website to watch it from, same with Full Metal. I had to settle for Brotherhood on Netflix.

YOU FOOL! The original series is on Netflix! Also watchcartoononline. Google it. Bookmark it. Love it.

David Margittai
    Participant

Also watchcartoononline. Google it. Bookmark it. Love it.

DUDE. You are my new best friend. That just sealed the deal.

hack_attack
    Participant

Yeah...Bolin got kind of dicked on that one...but man, I really feel for Asami...I mean...no mom, now no dad...and now Korra up and steals her man? She's striking out hardcore.They did it because of the way they introduced Mako's character. He was the serious one, the "big brother"/provider, dark and serious, etc...you get the idea. They used the relationship angle to break his character out of that mold.

It's bullshit is what it is. I agree about Asami, she really got dicked over, and is then nice enough to STAY FRIENDS with everyone, and even be happy. Like...holy shit, man. I got that Mako was the "serious, dark forboding, obviously-the-love-interest" guy, but that's why they should have gone with Bolin! I don't want to see my favorite shows follow a pattern, I want to see THEM break the mold. Mako should have stayed with Asami (with whom he had a great relationship anyway) and Bolin should have had his shot with Korra. I was fine with them using sexual tension between Mako/Korra to develop them as characters, but I was really hoping they wouldn't opt for an actual relationship.

hack_attack
    Participant

Also watchcartoononline. Google it. Bookmark it. Love it.

DUDE. You are my new best friend. That just sealed the deal.

Everything from subbed anime to Adventure Time. It just can't be beat. Most of their stuff is in HD, and there are very few ads. It is glorious

I'm loving GW2 thus far.I was a huge fan of the first one, I've played it pretty much since release, the GW2 is a totally different game, but with the story carry over it still feels like guild wars.LOK was amazing. I was so sad when it ended, I was gonna be really pissed if they didn't pick up more.I agree with everyone on the Mako/Korra/Bollin thing, Bollin would have been much better for Korra and I think it would have allowed more in the story with Mako and Asami together. I wonder how much she will even be involved in the story from here on out.I go through kicks where I just watch anime non stop, I recently got off one of those kicks and two short anime's I watched all the way through were guilty crown and blue exorcist, I thought they were both great.

Tanner Fox
    Participant

So is anyone here a nerd? I mean, in the world of bodybuilding and fitness, there are plenty of "cool kids," but I never really fit into that crowd. I have always been a full blown nerd; everything from anime to video games to comics to critical analysis of all three. Once I got into training, I loved it and it seemed an easy integration into my list of things I like (and who says I can't be ripped while at the same time attempting to extrapolate on the psychological profile of Squall from Final Fantasy 8?). However, my fellow ripped nerds seem few and far between, so I thought I would post this here to see if anyone on the DH forums identifies with nerdy guys like me. So post your favorite nerd stuff and hopefully we'll hit it off!

Call of Duty (xbox)....Computers (I'm an IT geek)....and heavy squats.  Give me those three things and I am happy.

DH has become infinitely more awesome with this thread.

David Margittai
    Participant

DH has become infinitely more awesome with this thread.

+1(000000000000000000000etc)

hack_attack
    Participant

I agree 100%. Where do you guys hail from? I'm in East Texas right now.

David Margittai
    Participant

Florida here (Tallahassee…unfortunately).

I'm up North of you, Hack. Born and raised in Oklahoma.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Any nerds up in here?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?