Any tips for transitioning thru the Transistion Phase faster?

• This topic has 8 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Chuck

OK, I have read that cardio quickens the depletions phase, but have also read that cardio is a hindrance. I have been doing 30 mins of HIIT on my leg days, you think I should stop. My progress so far has been good, for being on a low carb diet.(muscles loss wise)But I do not want to hit the sticking point, thanks again forum.Currently 6' 1" 212lbs trying to get to 195lbs.

Newfiedan
    Participant

Make sure you are not cutting cals so eat enough to ensure adequate energy levels, post day 3 my energy levels are much better but if you are cutting cals or intentionally trying to eat less you may hinder fat loss that way as cutting cals will result in muscle loss, especially drastic cutting of cals. From a chronic cal counter I can vouch for that I dropped 40 lbs that way but I would dare say at least 10 lbs of that was muscle loss.

Naomi Most

OK, I have read that cardio quickens the depletions phase, but have also read that cardio is a hindrance. I have been doing 30 mins of HIIT on my leg days, you think I should stop. My progress so far has been good, for being on a low carb diet.(muscles loss wise)But I do not want to hit the sticking point, thanks again forum.Currently 6' 1" 212lbs trying to get to 195lbs.

You're fine doing HIIT.  You can keep it to about 20 minutes, you don't really need to do more than that.  In fact as you inevitably hit those low-and-slow days, keep in mind that a 12 minute set of intervals can still do wonders -- but also that you technically don't NEED to do ANY cardio to make Carb Nite work for fat loss.Try to follow how your body feels to detemine how hard to work on any given day. Some days you'll feel peppy, other days, not so much.  You don't need to force yourself to work harder with respect to HIIT on Carb Nite.

Chuck

Well it's been going great, and thanks forum for the advice. Currently 209lbs and counting. Carbnite to lean out, then the beautiful Carb back loading.

Naomi Most

Well it's been going great, and thanks forum for the advice. Currently 209lbs and counting. Carbnite to lean out, then the beautiful Carb back loading.

Cool!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Any tips for transitioning thru the Transistion Phase faster?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?