Anyone thinking of going on a full keto diet? or coming from such a diet to CNs?

• This topic has 14 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Eidah
    Participant

HiThe more I understand carb nite the more I want to go on a full keto diet. I recently read the book Keto clarity. and am thinking of not re-feeding.Has anyone switched from a full Keto diet or lifestyle? or is anyone thinking of going to full keto?Some say its bad to be keto adapted and then zig zag between that and glucose? What are your thoughts.

Richard Schmitt

I haven't nor plan to go on a full Keto diet. My personal opinion would be unless you're sick with a cancerous disease or overly obese, in which both scenarios need to become real healthy again, there isn't a point to do that. If you're active in resistance training and daily work, a refeed in my opinion would be ideal to help thyroid problems and health.

Penny Danner
    Participant

+1

Stephen Williams
    Participant

Kiefer has talked plenty of times in podcasts that being fully keto adapted isn't as big of a deal as keeping insulin levels low. I personally have seen that trying to mix keto and bulletproof ideas with carb Nite and carb backloading messes with progress. If you see progress using the different aspects of these protocols then you may mess things up like I did. Things haven't been the same for me since.

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

I have just switched over to trying full keto, after reading Jimmy's book also.Mainly, I fit into the health category that Tex is referring to.  It is more important to me than fitness and muscle goals at this point.Also, I personally struggled with getting back to ULC days after having carb-fests.  In the future, if and when I am officially declared cancer-free (right now I am in the zone of not knowing) -- then I will give CN/CBL a try again and see if I can control myself.  🙂

Melvin McLain
    Participant

“Anyone thinking of going on a full keto diet?”Absolutely not for me. A weekly carb nite breaks the monotony and makes CNS very "doable" in my case. 🙂[EDIT] Wishin' you all the best, Curious. 🙂_

Eidah
    Participant

I have just switched over to trying full keto, after reading Jimmy's book also.Mainly, I fit into the health category that Tex is referring to.  It is more important to me than fitness and muscle goals at this point.Also, I personally struggled with getting back to ULC days after having carb-fests.  In the future, if and when I am officially declared cancer-free (right now I am in the zone of not knowing) -- then I will give CN/CBL a try again and see if I can control myself.  🙂

Wishing you full recovery and the best of health curious with a long happy life.  .

TCB
    Participant

HiThe more I understand carb nite the more I want to go on a full keto diet. I recently read the book Keto clarity. and am thinking of not re-feeding.Has anyone switched from a full Keto diet or lifestyle? or is anyone thinking of going to full keto?Some say its bad to be keto adapted and then zig zag between that and glucose? What are your thoughts.

My current plan is to experiment with a keto diet during the winter. Not for any particular goal or achievement, but purely out of personal experimentation/curiosity.As far as bad about being ketotic and glucose loads.. I think it depends how well "keto adapted" you are. If you're well enough adapted, you should be able to refill glycogen stores, while remaining in a ketones-for-fuel state, until you push the intensity. Ie - endurance athletics like Ben Greenfield did, and Kiefer's endurance fueling concepts he's talked about.

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Thank you, Mac and Eidah.  You can bet, if this ketogenic diet works, I will be shouting it from the rooftops to all of my athlete.io friends!  😀But I won't know anything until late November.  Until then... it's keto for me, and no tortilla chip / ice cream excursions.  😉

Thank you, Mac and Eidah.  You can bet, if this ketogenic diet works, I will be shouting it from the rooftops to all of my athlete.io friends!  😀But I won't know anything until late November.  Until then... it's keto for me, and no tortilla chip / ice cream excursions.  😉

Can't wait to hear your progress and my best to you....keeping you in my thoughts.

TCB
    Participant

Can't wait to hear your progress and my best to you....keeping you in my thoughts.

+1! Prayers, Curious!My grandmother has Parkinson's and I told her to talk to her Dr about helping her with a keto diet to manage her symptoms and he told her he wouldn't, and that keto diets are "only for epileptics." So it's great to hear someone actually trying what research is showing to be beneficial! Best wishes!

Roadblock
    Participant

I am interested in knowing your reasons for wanting to experiment. Are you not seeing progress with the 1 nigh refeed? What are your stats?Rb

Eidah
    Participant

I am interested in knowing your reasons for wanting to experiment. Are you not seeing progress with the 1 nigh refeed? What are your stats?Rb

Thanks RoadblockMale/42/ 5,10/ 110KgI started this diet at 113,5kgafter 10 days, the morning of my carb nite, I was 109.2kg ( great initial wight loss for me)next morning after my carb nite I was 109'8KGSecond day after carb nite I was 110.2KG ( I actually weighted more than the morning after carb nite)Today (my 13th day on the diet) , I am 109.7. I think If I kept on the keto I had going on , I would have lost another 2Kkgs.Now, it looks like I am going to be the same by the next carb nite as I was last time.My carb nite was: I fasted to my evening meal. I only had a coffee in the morning with coconut oil ( first meal: 2 cups of sticky rice and one grilled chicken breastSecond meal 1 hour later: a snickers bar and a boost bar ( I was craving them all the time)third meal: 5 scones with tea4th meal. Medium pizza home made5th meal . one cup of ice cream.

Roadblock
    Participant

Would you say your BF% is high? Over 15%?RB

Eidah
    Participant

Would you say your BF% is high? Over 15%?RB

My body fat is 40% maybe more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Anyone thinking of going on a full keto diet? or coming from such a diet to CNs?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?