Basketball and HIIT

• This topic has 4 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tyler Stephens
    Participant

Alright so correct me if I'm wrong, but in one of the podcast kiefer said the best way to incorporate HIIT when doing CBL is to do it prior      to resistance traning and waiting 30 minutes in between correct?this leads me to two questions... When should I take the ignition formula before or after HIIT cardio.Lastly would playing 2/3 quick pick up basketball game be a substitute to HIIIT cardio in anyway? Also, would it negatively effect my workout if I play right before?

Nadya Topalovaivan
    Participant

So, most ppl would take the pwo shake before hiit, as it is quite demanding on the body.The bball game usually wouldn't be hiit. You can still play very intensely, but this will mostly work your conditioning and it will drain you much more than a 20 min hiit session. Working out after a ball game, even a 2 on 2 game, can be really taxing, especially on the CNS.

Ronok

I'm similarly interested in this topic, with my game of choice being tennis.

Richard Schmitt

Basketball and Tennis is a sport, while Sprinting can be considered a sport, High Intensity Interval Training is a different training style. So personally go ahead and play that said sport before lifting, but I wouldn't consider it HIIT. Maybe more or less “cardio” if you want to categorize it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Basketball and HIIT

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?