Being Gluten-Free and having a form of Celiac Disease.

• This topic has 2 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

I know many of us S.H.I.T.S. have an Autoimmune Digestive Disease, and/or Gluten Allergic and/or have a problem with Gluten. I thought it might be a good idea to share information amongst these forums to help use nutrition as a tool to keep this part of our lives under control, if not make it better. I'm doing my best to work with what is wrong with me, and to not let it stop me from doing what I enjoy doing. I will be posting up information as I find it, along with certain recipes, powders, supplements to share with y'all. http://buildingbrawn.wordpress.com/2012/06/08/gluten-free-with-susan/

AdamFiddler

Assuming 100 percent access to the food available in a first-world country, it's pretty simple:ProteinGrass-fed beefGrass-fed beef baconPastured EggsFatGrass-fed butterExtra-Virgin Coconut Oil"Low-Carb" CarbsAvocadoBacon grease"High-Carb" CarbsThai Jasmine RiceYams/Sweet Potatoes whipped in blender to heighten glycemic responseGrass-fed ice creamAlso, a company named "Pamela's Products" makes some gluten-free, corn-free cookies that have South American-sourced palm oil instead of canola or other garbage for the fat content.  The spicy ginger cookies are the only ones without corn in them.  You can order online I believe (I just get them at the store and use them to make ice cream sandwiches)As far as supplements go, I'm of the opinion that they aren't even worth considering until you have your diet and training completely dialed in. 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Being Gluten-Free and having a form of Celiac Disease.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?