Best way to mimic Carb Shock

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gerd Beumer
    Participant

Carb Shock does not supply to my country and I was wondering how I could mimic the Carb Shock formula the best I can.
    I do have access to whey hydrolysate and casein hydrolysate.
    My current best shot at mimicking Carb Shock looks like this:
    – 5 gr leucine
    – 12 gr malto-dextrine
    – 12 gr whey hydrolysate
    – 12 gr whey isolate
    – 10 gr micellar casein

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Richard Schmitt

Carb Shock is not what you have, it complies of more ingredients of which just amplifies your current PWO Shake. Consuming 5g of Leucine with whey will still give you the high insulin response needed.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

There are no hydrolysates or casein in Carb Shock. The best way to mimic Carb Shock is to match the ingredients on the label. The amount of ingredients is are listed clearly.

Here is what I do:
    – 20 grams of whey protein (the purer the isolate the better)
    – 1 Licorice Root Capsule http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Licorice-450mg-Capsules/dp/B000633BUC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436364747&sr=8-1&keywords=licorice+root
    – 2 Aminogen Pills http://www.amazon.com/Herbalife-Aminogen/dp/B005D5JK2G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436364778&sr=8-1&keywords=aminogen
    – Two drops of Fenugreek Extract http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Answer-Fenugreek-Organic-Alcohol/dp/B000M4C6LA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436364827&sr=8-1&keywords=fenugreek+extract
    – 3 g of Trehalose http://www.amazon.com/100%25-Pure-Trehalose-grams-Pwdr/dp/B001TEKR7W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436364861&sr=8-1&keywords=Trehalose
    – 12 g of Dextrose or MaltoDextrin

All the ingredients should cost you around $50, but it lasts a really long time and it ends of being much cheaper than buying Carb Shock. The “bottle neck” supplement is the Aminogen, which will run out fairly quickly. I actually think using Aminogen may be superior to the Carb Shock enzymes because all the studies that Kiefer cites uses Aminogen to mimic hydrolysates. Another option would be just to buy hydrolysates and not use Aminogen however it will be more expensive.

Gerd Beumer
    Participant

I am aware of the ingredients in Carb Shock, I should have been more clear about my question.
    I want to mimic the EFFECTS of Carb Shock the best I can, not the formula itself.

I am also aware of the fact that there is no hydrolysate or casein in Carb Shock.
    But one of the benefits of the digestive enzymes in Carb Shock is that it gives you fast, medium and slow protein absorbtion JUST with whey isolate if you combine it with Carb Shock. The benefit of this is that you don’t have to buy expensive hydrolysate protein, but I don’t mind spending more money on hydrolysate protein.

Kiefer says about this:
    “Protein synthesis will be sustained for 24 hours with the right type of protein ingestion. This is one thing Carb Shock is made to help take into account because it will pre digest some of the post workout protein, whether it comes from a protein shake or a real food meal. It can predigest the protein to make it more digestible, while still allowing you to have longer absorption of longer protein chains.
    Not only does it give you instantaneous nutrients into the muscle but it also helps to promote 24 hour muscle growth.
    This is where some of the discrepancy we see with studies comparing hydrolysates directly to casein protein and see less muscle accretion with hydrolysates immediately post training compared to casein, because amino acids are dumped into they system which can’t be all used, so the body clears it out, via various processes like gluconeogenesis and conversion into various byproducts.
    With casein, you don’t get a big amino acid dump, but you can get muscle growth for 24 hours. That’s why we see mixtures of protein better than either of the two scenarios.
    Carb Shock designed to give a staged release of amino acid building blocks to enhance training.”

Robert Haas
    Participant

If you are asking about the “predigest” part. Eat some fermented foods along with your meal. It does the same thing, maybe even better because it’s real food.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Gerd Beumer
    Participant

I will add the Licorice Root Powder and the Fenugreek Seed Extract
    But since I have whey hydrolysate I will not use the Aminogen pills

What would give the best results;
    Using 20 grams of hydrolysate only in the post workout shake or a combination of hydrolysate, isolate and casein?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Gerd Beumer.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best way to mimic Carb Shock

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?