Best Way to Prep a Weeks Worth of Sweet Potatoes…?

• This topic has 12 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Fairy
    Keymaster

I have six sweet potatoes and I want to use them for CBL over the next week. Convenience is important to me. When I want food, I want it now! How should I prep sweet potatoes so that they are yummy and convenient and will last for the rest of the week?

Sarah_Walker
    Participant

could you bake them? or even make a sweet potato mash! that would be easy to reheat. Maybe add some bacon 🙂

TokyoLifter

I usually just cook them until they are really soft, then keep them in the fridge for a few days.

Caino
    Participant

just steam them and go from there, throw some butter on, sour cream, bacon, refry them in CO list is endless, and really they can last more then the week without going funny

pshannon

I have gotten really good at this. 1. Boil and Mash with Coconut oil and cinnamon - this is the easiest and tastes the best out of the microwave. 2. Bake in foil and store in fridge

Richard Schmitt

Yep! Bake all of them at once like I mentioned on your log before. Keep them in the foil and store in the fridge. When you're ready to use them again, take it out the foil, place in the microwave and set it on the bake setting for potatoes. They should come out nice and soft. If anything make a "DH Pumpkin Pie" with coconut oil and cinnamon.

Fairy

😀 okay. Thanks everyone! I shall experiment.

Zach516

Baking can take a long time. I like making a mash by cubing, steaming, and then mashing, and mixing some Adobo sauce for a spicy sweet potato mash!

Daniel Lott

1. Boil and Mash with Coconut oil and cinnamon - this is the easiest and tastes the best out of the microwave.

^ this

Fairy

I'm worried about losing vitamins by boiling, so they have been baked 🙂My flat mate tells me they're great with hummus and coriander (Lebanese)

raisethebarbell

Cut in disks is convenient. Watch this guy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmxzfZkoClg

TokyoLifter

Cut in disks is convenient. Watch this guy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmxzfZkoClg

Horrible to watch how he destroys the knife he uses....  :'( :'(

Tomahawk

Horrible to watch how he destroys the knife he uses....  :'( :'(

I guess he hasnt heard of a sharpener haha.

TokyoLifter

I guess he hasnt heard of a sharpener haha.

Well, the way he scratches the blade horizontally across the cutting board would defeat the purpose of sharpening the knife anyways....  😮

Blest

Baking can take a long time. I like making a mash by cubing, steaming, and then mashing, and mixing some Adobo sauce for a spicy sweet potato mash!

I thought you had to bake them extra long to turn them high glycemic, other wise it still a slow acting carb.  I ve read that on the forums. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Way to Prep a Weeks Worth of Sweet Potatoes…?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?