Brag

• This topic has 10 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Damon Amato
    Participant

was able to do a 540 roundhouse for the first time ever at Taekwondo tonight!  HOLLA!

sckiely
    Participant

Firstly Congratulations, awesome! As you started the post though i thought i would brag too; 100 x 32kg kettlebell snatches in 8mins 11 secs = Tough session today

Damon Amato
    Participant

That's pretty impressive man.  People in the gym must've been looking at you and then walking away shamefully with their flabby arms.

I got my girlfriend to do something besides cardio…. I think that's pretty impressive. She wont listen to a word I say and I've coached models and figure comp guys and girls… but what do I know. So I am bragging that I got her to lift a weight… haha

amedio

Junkie, if I could just get my girlfriend into the gym with me! Haha!Major kudos to you Dmunnee! The day I do a 540 of any sort I will be bragging.

Naomi Most

I got my girlfriend to do something besides cardio.... I think that's pretty impressive. She wont listen to a word I say and I've coached models and figure comp guys and girls... but what do I know. So I am bragging that I got her to lift a weight... haha

Yep. My flabby-ass boyfriend tells me all this diet and exercise shit is "boring".  I think honestly he's afraid that I'll say something that might change his mind about his diet of Starbucks chai, danishes, and Red Bull.

Naomi Most

was able to do a 540 roundhouse for the first time ever at Taekwondo tonight!  HOLLA!

That is pretty awesome. I always sucked at roundhouse kicks when I did karate.  Then again, fancy kicks aren't exactly the foundation of the karate arsenal.

Tom Filhol
    Participant

Congrats! Landing the tornado on the kicking leg sounds so simple, but in reality is very difficult to pull off, so well done! Do we get a video?  😉 It's one of the few fancy kicking moves I can do consistently well, so I'd be happy to give any feedback. Have you tried a 540 hook? I'm trying to figure these out at the moment.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Congrats! Landing the tornado on the kicking leg sounds so simple, but in reality is very difficult to pull off, so well done! Do we get a video?  😉 It's one of the few fancy kicking moves I can do consistently well, so I'd be happy to give any feedback. Have you tried a 540 hook? I'm trying to figure these out at the moment.

We weren't filming the class, the drill we were doing just happened to be roundhouse/360 roundhouse so the higher ranks had to try a 540. The only video I have is during a height breaking competition. 540 spin hook is a bit ambitious for me right now. I can do a jackknife though(roundhouse/spin hook in the air).

Jerad

I got my girlfriend to do something besides cardio.... I think that's pretty impressive. She wont listen to a word I say and I've coached models and figure comp guys and girls... but what do I know. So I am bragging that I got her to lift a weight... haha

Yep. My flabby-ass boyfriend tells me all this diet and exercise shit is "boring".  I think honestly he's afraid that I'll say something that might change his mind about his diet of Starbucks chai, danishes, and Red Bull.

lol I love starbucks chai tea latte's 🙁We almost should have a recent accomplishments thread somewhere. Anywho I managed a 515x1 SSB Squat yesterday.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

This thread could work as a recent accomplishment thread 😛

bako71

This thread could work as a recent accomplishment thread 😛

agree!Thank you Carbnite Saturday....205 sumo deadlifts for 5 reps tonight!! previous week 185 for 6.

Richard Schmitt

I know that this is an old thread and I'm sure this is not necessarily a brag. Though I want to throw this out there like a brag.When I started thinking about changing the way I look (beginning of 2011), I started "lifting" and "dieting" without knowing what to do or how to do it. Just read bro-science bull after bull. I had ran long-stedy-state cardio and lifted with poor nutrition most of 2011, and looked/felt horrible. Got all the way down to 162 before I went on a crazy binge...being on a strict diet for so long does that, and gained some weight (up to 178lbs). Prior to my deployment I kicked back into gear leaving the states at a small frame of 171lbs. Thus from then on I went a very low calorie program while lifting while doing interval training. Learned that interval training was great to loss fat, and that's what I wanted. I fell all the way down to an ugly, horrible 150lbs at 6ft. No muscle, no strength, just looked sick and unhealthy. While taking a ton of supplements.When I found John Kiefer and CBL, I went on this crazy binge again thinking I wouldn't get fat but gain muscle, doing it wrong, I did indeed gain fat as well as a bit of muscle. Though I fully understood and started CBL beginning of 2012, starting something anew, with more knowledge than I did last year. Three months went by and I'm sitting at a very, VERY comfortable 185lbs with strength. Receiving compliements that I look better, and I look good. I still took some pill supplements during those three months, but during March I started forgetting to take them. Just concenrated on taking the PWO Shake after lifting, and concentrated on what I ate in the kitchen and how I worked out.So what I'm trying to say that is John Kiefer, Naomi Most, Carb-Backloading, Carb Nite Solution, and various other DH Members have ultimately shown me and taught me the correct ways in lifting, nutrition, and with life. I am free to say that I completely stopped taking my pill supplements for the last couple weeks, I'm no longers worried about the numbers on the scale, I'm not worried about getting bigger, and I'm getting over my phobia of being fat or seeing myself as a fat guy. That y'all are my Heros, and Inspirations! Y'all helped me overcome so much, and you guys don't know how appreciative I am because of this. I look at the scale everytime I leave the gym I just want to destroy it, everytime I see my remaining pills I want to toss them away. I look into the mirror and am satisfied by the gains I am making, and continue to make. Thank y'all so very much, and the brag here is that I'm over coming my phobia! and that I made a great choice in being apart of this community, and having y'all as friends!!!!

dawatts22

Way to go BigTex.  Nicely done and well put. 

Richard Schmitt

Way to go BigTex.  Nicely done and well put.

Thank you =)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Brag

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?