Caffeine/Creatine

• This topic has 6 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

send513b
    Keymaster

Anything to the studies that supposedly demonstrate that caffeine will significantly decrease the effectiveness of creatine when the two are taken together?  I don't believe Keifer mentioned the issue in the “Caffeine Therapy” post.  Just wondering.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

You mostly want creatine for its myostatin blocking effect, not for the extra reps. Afaik caffeine does not inhibit that.

zewski

I'm sure this will answer your questionhttp://www.silverhydra.com/2012/01/creatine-and-caffeine/

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

You mostly want creatine for its myostatin blocking effect, not for the extra reps. Afaik caffeine does not inhibit that.

Whew!  Thanks!  'Cause I don't want to give up either one!

Naomi Most

I'm sure this will answer your questionhttp://www.silverhydra.com/2012/01/creatine-and-caffeine/

Hmm, interesting.  This whole issue is new to me.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I have used creatine with and without caffeine and I didn't notice a difference.  I am a big fan of following what the research says, but there is a point where it starts to get ridiculous.  In my opinion if there is no noticable effect, it might as well not even be true.  in science things have gotten to the point where we can measure things way more precise than the human body would ever be able to tell the difference.In physics, Newton's equations are technically incorrect, but engineers still use them, because they work and they are much easier to use than Einstein's equations.

gillypearl

Does anybody have an opinion on creatine use by women?  I've heard mixed things and would love to get some feedback from this community.  Thanks!

Naomi Most

Does anybody have an opinion on creatine use by women?  I've heard mixed things and would love to get some feedback from this community.  Thanks!

I'm curious what you've heard.  I haven't heard any warnings against it...?If you're referring to Kiefer's recommendations on quantity -- for my money (literally), there doesn't seem to be any point in women consuming 60g of creatine every day.  But I'm still trying to understand the dosage requirements of creatine in the first place.

amedio

“Taking large doses of caffeine (5 mg per kg body weight per day) cancels the ergogenic (performance enhancing) effect of creatine. Smaller amounts of caffeine (for example, 1–2 cups of coffee), on the other hand, do not seem to have an adverse impact on the effects of creatine. See how simple it is to know how to use creatine!  Tetra-Pump is used the same way of course."I got that from a newsletter from Protein Factory. Here is the link.http://proteinfactory.com/pfblog/how-to-use-creatine

gillypearl

I'm curious what you've heard.  I haven't heard any warnings against it...?If you're referring to Kiefer's recommendations on quantity -- for my money (literally), there doesn't seem to be any point in women consuming 60g of creatine every day.  But I'm still trying to understand the dosage requirements of creatine in the first place.

I haven't heard any warnings per se, but a former trainer of mine once told me it had limited to negligible effects in women and would just make my urine more expensive.  Dosage is my other question- being a petite female I consider most suggested dosages are targeted for a larger audience.

Naomi Most

I haven't heard any warnings per se, but a former trainer of mine once told me it had limited to negligible effects in women and would just make my urine more expensive.  Dosage is my other question- being a petite female I consider most suggested dosages are targeted for a larger audience.

You're right about dosage.Whoever thinks creatine would have a negligible effect in women has absolutely no idea what creatine is or how it works. Or has only worked with tiny women with zero muscle mass.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Caffeine/Creatine

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?