Caloric needs calculator

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tiago Nicolau
    Participant

Hey all,How do you guys calculate your estimate caloric needs?I use this site : http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/I put the metric option and put my weight as LBM, not the total,I dont know if thats a good way to know the BMR, but if thats right, then my BMR is 1488, and with my current activity level, i bet on the 2400 cals to maintain my BW,Dunno if there is any better method then this, what do you guys think?

Gnomer
    Participant

i never saw a point in counting calories for anything really.. macros are more important and even still any calculator that doesn't take into account bf% is useless imho

Tiago Nicolau
    Participant

I too take my macros more seriously then the calories, such that only now i figured that on a ULC,i take only 1330cal, wich is les than my MBR and wich i gained weight with that only increasing with carbs lolBut i just wanted to know the opinion of you guys since i take what you say on deep consideration!

Gnomer
    Participant

I too take my macros more seriously then the calories, such that only now i figured that on a ULC,i take only 1330cal, wich is les than my MBR and wich i gained weight with that only increasing with carbs lolBut i just wanted to know the opinion of you guys since i take what you say on deep consideration!

since not everyone utilizes calories the same calculators are pretty worthless your better off just working on your macros and adjust those up or down depending on what your goals are.. on top of that like i said above if it doesn't take into account bf% it is completely worthless because a 5"11 200lb person at 10%BF is going to want a different eating plan that someone 5'11 200lbs 25% bf

Derekcerva
    Participant

I believe in the podcasts this one is mentionedhttp://www.calculatorpro.com/calculator/katch-mcardle-bmr-calculator/used by the guys from propane fitness

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Caloric needs calculator

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?