Carb-backloading question…

• This topic has 5 voices and 21 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

TheCowboyFan
    Keymaster

If i have a carb nite after my first 9 day reorientation, which I plan on being on a Sunday…and if I have my resistance training the following Wednesday evening and Saturday evening with carb backloading after each workout…can I then have a Carb Nite on Sunday again?  Just curious. 

Damon Amato
    Participant

No, you're doing both protocols at once. Need to choose one or the other based on your goals.

TheCowboyFan

So that I understand this clearly…carb backloading is for those who workout and Carbnite is for those who don't.  Correct?

Damon Amato
    Participant

You can work out on carb nite, you just won't gain muscle like backloading.

TheCowboyFan

I wasn't planning on working out on Carb Nite I was just wondering if I could still have it, or would the two backloading days suffice?

Damon Amato
    Participant

Either one is ok. If you don't feel like working out and want to get rapid fat loss, do carb nite.

There is a difference between the feeding of a carb night and a backload, you have to one or another.

TheCowboyFan

Trev, can you explain the difference?  I just want to understand so I don't screw anything up.  What are the reason(s) why you can't backload during the week and have CarbNite too.  Thank you. 

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

You only “earn” a Carb Nite by going Ultra Low Carb for 6 and one half days.  You are not going Ultra Low carb for 6 and one half days because you are backloading and having carbs on two nights.  Therefore you can not have a Carb Nite.

TheCowboyFan

Thank you for clarifying.  Much appreciated.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

With your plan though you might need to have a small backload Tuesday night to refill some glycogen for Wednesday's workout.  Thi is because otherwise you would be going Low carb for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and half of Wednesday.

AciD

It's just backloading… What's the difference between CBL an CNS except from just eating more carbs?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

It's just backloading... What's the difference between CBL an CNS except from just eating more carbs?

CBL is eating carbs after weight training.  CNS is carbs after going low carb for a week.  There is a huge difference.  CBL depends on exercise and CNS depends on going low carb for an extended period of time.

AciD

It's just backloading... What's the difference between CBL an CNS except from just eating more carbs?

CBL is eating carbs after weight training.  CNS is carbs after going low carb for a week.  There is a huge difference.  CBL depends on exercise and CNS depends on going low carb for an extended period of time.

I know what these two diets are, but this guy is asking if "he can have a carb nite"- and you answer, that he can't.But he CAN have a backload, so... where would be the difference?

There is also a difference in the amount you eat.A carb night is pretty much as much as you can eat in a 6 hour window.Backloads are much more controlled, and without working first have a better chance of fat gain.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb-backloading question…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?