Carb shock advice?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Garreth Bucknall
    Participant

Hi guys,

Ive been doing carb nite for a while with good results,

I currently train 4 times a week with weights at around 6pm, but stay below 30g carbs even on training days. I only have the one massive carb night each week.

I’m looking at introducing carb shock….. Would you recommend taking it after each workout?

And also, if training doesnt fall on my “carb nite,” would you just do a normal carb nite or take carbshock too?

Any advice would be appreciated, Garreth

paul harris
    Participant

If you are going to move that route I would move from carb nite over to CBL and take carb shock with post shake on training days only, and stay 30 grams or so on the other 3 off days (unless you take two days in a row off, then you will load on one of them). It is the best of both worlds, and recommended based on BF% and to get past plateaus. Good Luck

Garreth Bucknall
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Paul! 🙂

paul harris
    Participant

Anytime. I do better on CBL as I am ‘A’ type with everything including workouts and diet, and was ketogenic before I found Kiefer’s team and understood CBL. My body temp at the time was all over from 97 to 98.7 (adrenals giving out and metoblism dropping) and reintroducing carbs with CBL took care of it alone. My only advise would be that if your lean/hard gainer you can probably go a bit trashy on the carb backloads (cereals pizza etc), but if you have any auto immune issues, metoblic issues, over 15% BF, maybe stick with the cleaner high glycemic carbs like potatoes and sweet potatoes etc, even white rice.

Good luck, follow the program it works awesome.

Garreth Bucknall
    Participant

If I’m sensible my body seems to naturally like being around the 17-19%bf range, unless I put serious work in.
    I started getting good results going ketogenic for a while, but after reading Kiefers books decided to give carb nite a go.
    I got down to somewhere between 13-15%bf and seemed to be making good progress.
    Unfortunately I went on a family holiday for a week, didn’t train and ate what I liked putting on 8lbs (of water and fat).
    I figured I’d just do the 10 days below 30g carbs again and train my ass off when I get back….. Unfortunately I Injured my lower back on deadlifts second day in!! So I’m currently out of action and frustrated. I’ve lost the weight now after about 9 days on 30g carbs, but
    I look completely different! Obviously lost a bit of muscle and gained fat. I’m currently about 180lbs and about 17-18%bf, I’m 5’9″. I tend to gain fat easily as I’ve been heavier in the past. I can gain muscle reasonably well if I up my calories, but tend to get fatter too. What seemed to be working for me before holiday to get leaner was keeping my calories below 2000. Going pretty much keto style with macros about 5% carb/30% protein/ 65% fat and having one massive carb night a week. I wasn’t really gaining any size, but was maintaining and leaning down.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb shock advice?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?