Carb Shock – amorfrutins

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Justin Guimond
    Participant

So, zoomed-in on the Carb Shock ingredients listing in the white paper, and looked at the references… got a question:Amorfrutins... anyone know what the amorfrutin a1 content of licorice/liquorice root is?

Trashboat
    Participant

NopeBut I do know that licorice is bad for testosterone levels http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14520600What is the intended benefit for that ingredient?

Justin Guimond
    Participant

It's the amorfrutin 1 compound in the licorice that supposedly activates the PPAR-y receptor, seems to me, after reading the referenced paper in the Supplement Black Book.

Justin Guimond
    Participant

Looks like someone’s working on synthesizing amorfrutins, 2014 article:
    “A Common Building Block for the Syntheses of Amorfrutin and Cajaninstilbene Acid Libraries toward Efficient Binding with Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptors”

Still have yet to find a source for either of the plant sources of amorfrutins myself.

Tony Sangimino

Quick 1 minute search turned this up, albeit a mouse study. Implications are still there.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3358853/

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Tony Sangimino. Reason: spelling is hard

Justin Guimond
    Participant

Yeah Tony, I think that one was referenced in the Carb Shock white paper… super-cool stuff. The availability of natural products that have any amorfrutin content has escaped me though. Can you verify if the licorice root used in CarbShock is the Glycyrrhiza foetida variety, or just the standard variety? You’re on the Body.io team, right?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb Shock – amorfrutins

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?