CarbShock with CNS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Adam Hays
    Participant

Has anybody tried CarbShock PWO(daily) while on CarbNite?

I am looking to shred bodyfat from about 16-18% down to 10%. I am 5 ft. 8 in. tall. I weight 175lbs. I have been lifting consistently for 5 years. I am currently training using the Shockwave Protocol 1.4 (5 days per week). I feel pretty drained the remainder of the day after my AM workouts.

I was wondering if it would benefit me (losing body fat and getting stronger) to use CarbShock while on CarbNite and training Shockwave. More specifically, would I need to switch to afternoon/ evening training in order to use CarbShock and see results?

And finally, will CarbShock disrupt the benefits or the need of staying ULC? Can I use CarbShock after every workout, remain ULC each day, and get great results?

Thanks for input!

JP

Hey Adam, thanks for the question. I had this same question but my scenario is little different, I am about 25% body fat with similar goals in mind. Any input or advise will be greatly appreciated from somebody who used carbshock before.

Richard Schmitt

Yes taking Carb Shock is a good idea for both Carb Nite Solution and Carb Backloading. It will and can help better your results.

Adam Hays
    Participant

Ok sweet!

I just wanted to make sure because of CarbShock’s 15g of dextrose. The ULC diet of <30g useable carbs is very specific and I don’t want exceed that. I am worried that my body might make a switch back to preferring carbs as fuel if I am feeding CarbShock PWO – That would make a high fat diet pretty dangerous I would think.

My protein powder is 25% each of: whey isolate, whey concentrate, milk protein concentrate, and casein. It has 8 grams of carbs per serving of which 4 are fiber. So – If I hit an AM Training session and have a Carb Shock Shake PWO that would be almost 20g of useable carb. Thoughts?

Richard Schmitt

What brand? I wouldn’t think that’s too bad.

Adam Hays
    Participant

Biotrust Low Carb time release protein

Biotrust.com

Adam Hays
    Participant

what are your thoughts about a carb nite every 4th night? I train frequently and intensely and I know I am tapped of glycogen after 4 days of training (5 training sessions in 4 days). I can feel the depletion. I am not super lean, but I am super active and love to train.

Adam Hays
    Participant

And! Biotrust is based out of Austin, TX fyi Big Tex

Richard Schmitt

You could do that, but might as well get into CBL instead.

Haha that’s awesome

Adam Hays
    Participant

So, (From a Maximum Fat Loss perspective) is it generally accepted that CNS is better for non lifters/ less active folk and CBL SA a better choice for an active person who resistance trains daily? I’m looking for maximum shreddedness and I want to train hard 5-6 days per week.

Richard Schmitt

Then get into CBL if you’re training that hard.

Matthew Cook
    Participant

I have heard some conflicting messages about using Carb Shock if training fasted in the AM. Some say to add it to the PWO shake and that the 12.5g dextrose won’t matter and some say to only include protein, leucine and creatine in the PWO shake and save all carbs for backloading in the evening? Any thoughts here?

JP

I am over the 30g of carbs on ULC days because carb shock adds 12g of dextrose. I love to eat nuts, vegetables and cottage cheese, so if I add them three with carb shock, I am about 40g of useable carbs on training days. Will this be a problem on CNS? Do I need to adjust so I stay under 30g?

Richard Schmitt

You will need to make sure you stay under 3og is usable carbs but with CS you’re fine.

Adam Hays
    Participant

Has there been any new info regarding T3 Fuel and Coffee? I like to drink a couple cups of coffee pre workout and don’t know how to best do that and take my T3. I want my T3 to work in conjunction with Carb Shock so I want to be sure I time it right

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CarbShock with CNS

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?