Cardio for recomposition

• This topic has 5 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Roscoe2017
    Keymaster

How many times a week should someone do HIIT while doing CBL SA for the purposes of body recomposition (not a reduction in scale weight) and what prescription (4:1/2, 4:1, 2:1, etc.)?

Richard Schmitt

One maybe two times a week, I would follow the 4:1 ratio or maybe 2:1. It all depends on the type of HIIT too.

Roscoe2017

Ok, I was planning on doing track sprints.

Do HIIT if you want the conditioning aspect. HIIT does catabolize muscle tissue a little and depletes glycogen. If you purely want the fat loss benefits of cardio just do incline walking.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Do HIIT if you want the conditioning aspect. HIIT does catabolize muscle tissue a little and depletes glycogen. If you purely want the fat loss benefits of cardio just do incline walking.

HIIT doesn't catabolize muscle.  It aids it.I would say HIIT twice a week may help with fat loss, but I really don't think it does too much other than allow you to eat more carbs.

HIIT doesn't catabolize muscle.  It aids it.I would say HIIT twice a week may help with fat loss, but I really don't think it does too much other than allow you to eat more carbs.

I just re-read the article I like about HIIT and incline walking. I certainly was wrong about the catabolizing woops.

TCB
    Participant

http://benpakulski.podomatic.com/entry/2014-03-07T10_16_28-08_00Pakulski and Dr. Wilson talking about cardio, especially HIIT.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cardio for recomposition

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?