Cardio or HIIT before SWP for fat loss?

• This topic has 4 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

reverbrcc

Hello all,Another silly questions, sorry if i'm repeating something I cannot find.If a form of steady state cardio would use fat as fuel, and HIIT seems more glycogen demanding, wouldn't you do a slow steady run or ride 1+ hours before resistance training to stimulate rapid fat loss?Or is that inconsequential, and one should focus on CNS and SWP minus the Level X movement for rapid fat loss?Thanks all!!Rob

Getting into running would by more glycolitic for one. Walking can be good for extra fat loss, do it fasted in the morning for better fat mobilization. Mostly focus on CNS and SWP though.Also, do much steady state has a lot of negative hormonal actions against thyroid and T levels for men.

reverbrcc

Ok, makes sense, thanks!!So what is the purpose of doing HIIT 1+hours before resistance training?  Is it sport specific training, or conditioning work...

Ok, makes sense, thanks!!So what is the purpose of doing HIIT 1+hours before resistance training?  Is it sport specific training, or conditioning work...

Well the the anabolic cardio protocol it's specifically meant to do you HIIT followed by resistance training within a 1 hour timeline to increase Mitochondrial density.But if you aren't doing that, you'd ideally want to separate that 2 by at least an hour from a performance stand point.

reverbrcc

Excellent, thanks for your help!!

Chuck

Pretty good stuff. I would imagine that on off days you can do some HIIT training early morning?

Pretty good stuff. I would imagine that on off days you can do some HIIT training early morning?

This is something I've been playing with.Doing the HIIT 30 minutes or so before training that is.I've been surprised, as long as I give myself 30 minutes to cool down and do mobilization work and such, my performance is through the roof with my resistance training. It's still early in playing with it, but I'm doing it 4 days a week, 2 days with springs for lower body work, and Battle ropes 2 days for upper body, and I really like it.

chico1

This is something I've been playing with.Doing the HIIT 30 minutes or so before training that is.I've been surprised, as long as I give myself 30 minutes to cool down and do mobilization work and such, my performance is through the roof with my resistance training. It's still early in playing with it, but I'm doing it 4 days a week, 2 days with springs for lower body work, and Battle ropes 2 days for upper body, and I really like it.

This is what I was asking about in my "Anabolic Cardio....?" thread! So youve been doin HIIT right before workout with a 30 min mobilization break between the two and seen good strength gains still?Also...what do your 30min HIIT sessions look like?

This is what I was asking about in my "Anabolic Cardio....?" thread! So youve been doin HIIT right before workout with a 30 min mobilization break between the two and seen good strength gains still?Also...what do your 30min HIIT sessions look like?

Sprints are 30/60 split for 8 rounds.Battle ropes are 30/30 for 10.So they only take 10-15 minutes including warming up before starting.

chico1

Definitly going to copy you…haha

Definitly going to copy you...haha

I also take 3g of leucine as I start lifting, and an Intra-WO drink halfway through lifting.I've started adding 5g of leucine before HIIT, but I've only done it for a few days thus far.

chico1

I also take 3g of leucine as I start lifting, and an Intra-WO drink halfway through lifting.I've started adding 5g of leucine before HIIT, but I've only done it for a few days thus far.

gotcha...what kind of mobility work are you doing...foam roller with stretches?

gotcha...what kind of mobility work are you doing...foam roller with stretches?

Form rolling, some activation stuff,maybe some BW or band stuff.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cardio or HIIT before SWP for fat loss?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?