Cardio Timing / Recovery Nutrition

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

SixStringer97
    Keymaster

I just want to get some thoughts on when people are doing cardio and if they are eating or taking anything for cardio recovery. I'd like to figure out the ideal times, especially for a program like CB. I have been doing CB for a few weeks and have pretty much cut out cardio, but I would like to start implementing at least a day or 2 per week.I love doing high intensity intervals for about 20-30 minutes so doing the routines aren't a problem, I just don't want to do them at a time that might negatively impact my gains. For example, I know that intervals first thing in the morning can maximize fat loss. But, with CB I skip breakfast so if I do cardio at say 7:30am and don't ingest anything until 11:00am, will that cause my muscles to become cardio chow along with the fat?

Richard Schmitt

I just want to get some thoughts on when people are doing cardio and if they are eating or taking anything for cardio recovery. I'd like to figure out the ideal times, especially for a program like CB. I have been doing CB for a few weeks and have pretty much cut out cardio, but I would like to start implementing at least a day or 2 per week.I love doing high intensity intervals for about 20-30 minutes so doing the routines aren't a problem, I just don't want to do them at a time that might negatively impact my gains. For example, I know that intervals first thing in the morning can maximize fat loss. But, with CB I skip breakfast so if I do cardio at say 7:30am and don't ingest anything until 11:00am, will that cause my muscles to become cardio chow along with the fat?

I do cardio first thing in the morning as well. Implenting what Kiefer has written in his book, though I can't do the four minutes rest with 30 sprint, I've been doing 2 minutes active rest with 30 all out sprints for 30 minutes. This is roughly 12 bouts? I personally don't take anything for my cardio times, just a regular coffee with coconut oil a couple hours later, around 8ish. I do my cardio around 6 in the morning. Wednesdays on the other had is my "Active Rest Day" I try to perform two a days, one Cardio Session in the morning, with another Cardio Session in the afternoon followed by my ab workout, then I'll take a PWO Shake without any carbs, and an hour later I'll have my dinner with just protein, no carbs, and fats. Since I rest on Saturdays, and have an "Active Rest Day" on Sunday, it's recommended to CBL on Back-to-Back rest days, so I'll do a small total-body workout with 60 minutes of uphill walking, then PWO Shake with carbs.

soulmind

Damn Devil Dog, you don't fuck around with the cardio do you?

Richard Schmitt

Damn Devil Dog, you don't fuck around with the cardio do you?

I don't like to fuck around in the gym at all. It's my time, my time for me and no one else. Personally I don't think it's that much cardio, just three days a week. I used to do 30 second sprints, with 30 second active rest periods for 30 minutes, till I found out it won't help me with this program. It's called "Skinny-Fata-Itus"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cardio Timing / Recovery Nutrition

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?