(CBL) Carb shock + Carbs in PWO?

• This topic has 8 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone is adding carbs to the carb to their PWO shake if they are already using CS for the spike, or if you've experimented with it and found CS + protein only to be optimal. Just curious to see what people have found to work best for themselves. I've only used CS with my protein blend, but have been debating on adding more carbs(dextrose/waxy blends) to it and taking the difference out of my backloads.

Lately I have been adding carbs just because I don't feel like eating the extra carbs. I have about 40g of carbs total in my PWO shake.However when I eat something like pizza, I don't worry about it because pizza is always easy for me to eat.

Rob Haas

Just CS and protein for me right now. I may add dextrose in when I switch over to DB to see what happens.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone is adding carbs to the carb to their PWO shake if they are already using CS for the spike, or if you've experimented with it and found CS + protein only to be optimal. Just curious to see what people have found to work best for themselves. I've only used CS with my protein blend, but have been debating on adding more carbs(dextrose/waxy blends) to it and taking the difference out of my backloads.

I don't think it's necessary unless you have trouble eating enough carbs in your backload.  Carb shock does have a bit of carbs in it already.

I don't think it's necessary unless you have trouble eating enough carbs in your backload.  Carb shock does have a bit of carbs in it already.

+1

ronald prasek
    Participant

Where can i find out exactly what carb shock has in it, i have it and use it, i know it has about 15g of carbs, but what else did Kiefer add in, i want to pick up some more supplements for pwo, but i dont want to get anything that it already has in it, i believe i remember that he also put in Fenugreek also

Where can i find out exactly what carb shock has in it, i have it and use it, i know it has about 15g of carbs, but what else did Kiefer add in, i want to pick up some more supplements for pwo, but i dont want to get anything that it already has in it, i believe i remember that he also put in Fenugreek also

The nutrition facts label has it all.Also search google for supplement black book, that goes into detail.

ronald prasek
    Participant

Thanks i dont even know why my dumb ass didnt just look right on the bottle, probably because that was just too easy, my bad

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Thanks i dont even know why my dumb ass didnt just look right on the bottle, probably because that was just too easy, my bad

I don't believe it lists the carb content on the bottle, but it has 3 g of Trehalose and some amount of maltodextrin.  Kiefer confirmed it had 15 g of carbs in it. 

Richard Schmitt

I don't believe it lists the carb content on the bottle, but it has 3 g of Trehalose and some amount of maltodextrin.  Kiefer confirmed it had 15 g of carbs in it.

The new containers do. Just an FYI

Anyone ever feel tired after taking CS? Past few times I have taken it I get really sleepy after word.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Anyone ever feel tired after taking CS? Past few times I have taken it I get really sleepy after word.

Yep.  I actually feel rather terrible after taking it.  Sounds like it's making you go hypo.

Justin Guimond
    Participant

I think the point of CarbShock is that there aren't any real usable carbs, that you can get an insulin spike without carbs.  ISn't it?As for adding carbs, I usually add about 20-40g of dextrose if I'm taking it after a PM workout.  Not sure I have much to report on this though...

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

I think the point of CarbShock is that there aren't any real usable carbs, that you can get an insulin spike without carbs.  ISn't it?As for adding carbs, I usually add about 20-40g of dextrose if I'm taking it after a PM workout.  Not sure I have much to report on this though...

I was under the impression CS was for providing the larger, more optimal spike with significantly less carbs. Also, it has 12g of dextrose in it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard Schmitt

It is an addition to your PWO shake and amplifies the spike.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

(CBL) Carb shock + Carbs in PWO?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?