CBL confusion

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Alca.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

goforbroke
    Participant

I have just finished the carb backloading book, but there were a few areas of confusion:
    1. I have been doing skd for about 3 months and I’ve lost about 30 lbs. I can’t figure out how to use the charts to figure out my carb amount. Right now, I’m 165 lbs and 6’3″. I was about 195 in Nov. My plan is focused on adding strength and muscle since my waist is down to 29.5. Any thoughts on figuring out carbs without the charts or how I can utilize a them?
    2. I felt some of the information on the splurge meals was contradictory. For example, high GI foods are king and gluten is to be avoided but pizza is fine? Pasta is mentioned as a choice several times, but later we’re told it’s low gi and best avoided. Right now I’m planning on bagels, white rice, digestive (brand) cookies, hashbrowns, honey nut cheerios and the occasional splurge on pizza and donuts- maybe once a month.
    3. Post-workout, I’m planning on two scoops of muscle milk because the ingredients match what was written in the book. I’m thinking og adding some dextrose because the carb count isn’t too high, but maybe I’ll just have a cookie or some other sugary treat along with the shake. Any thoughts on using milk with the muscle milk?

That’s all for now.

Alca
    Participant

3. full fat milk with some added sea salt is good postworkout
    3. Muscle Milk is crap
    3. follow the prescriptions in the book

2. keep the backloads cleaner and start cleaner (sweetpotatoes, white rice and so on)
    2. track your bodyweight and lifts -> adjust according to your goals
    -> not gaining weight/strength, add some junk you enjoy
    -> if goal is losing weight, well there you go

https://alcaflow.com - for fitness, travel, personal development and more
    - CBL / CNS related content!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CBL confusion

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?