cbl meals

• This topic has 7 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Derekcerva
    Participant

Generally i like to have cereal or white bread (sandwiches french toast ect) for my backload meals, aside from the obvious gluten  factor is this ok? this is my first meal btw i know a fattier carb source would be okay for 2nd meal (ice cream, pastry whatever)I mean some days i do eat red potatoes or rice theyre just not a preference cereal>potatoes to me anywaysare there any other great food choices for the first meal(limiting fat content) aside from rice and potatoes?

Gnomer
    Participant

i enjoy gluten free treats now and then.. like pancakes and waffles or sometimes cookies as they are all made from starches(very high GI).. rice chex with maple syrup will skyrocket your blood sugar.. also homemade rice pudding is great as well

Derekcerva
    Participant

thanks!yea im a big fan of dessertsid eat nothing but those if i didnt fear having my teeth fall out :l

Derekcerva
    Participant

Another question if I get hungry after the feeding window would a fat and protien meal be ok or would it interfere with release of gh?

CBachelor17

I could be wrong, but its my understanding that your backload should be the last meal, I personally wouldn't, unless for whatever reason you've backloaded well before when your going to sleep.

CCT

I usually end my backloads with a bit of fats.  i.e. a few eggs, or some ice cream.  Never had any problems with it

Gl;itch.e

Ive backloaded just with one or two Postworkout carbs meals and all the way to bed. I recover so much better and get better sleep eating carbs for all meals up to bed time. I also make sure that backloading meals 2 and 3 have fat in them.

CCT

I also find that the 1 or 2 meal approach where more carbs are had at each meal is beneficial, as you contain the carb eating window

apisula2000

i enjoy gluten free treats now and then.. like pancakes and waffles or sometimes cookies as they are all made from starches(very high GI).. rice chex with maple syrup will skyrocket your blood sugar.. also homemade rice pudding is great as well

x1 on the rice chex w/maple syrup and gluten free pancakes.

apisula2000

I also find that the 1 or 2 meal approach where more carbs are had at each meal is beneficial, as you contain the carb eating window

So are y'all saying you only have 1-2 meals post-workout?  Guess my question is, I thought the program was designed for a 6 hr feed.  Not saying go crazy, I usually hover around 4 hrs, but I thought it was supposed to be extended over a time and fattier meals toward bedtime.

Gnomer
    Participant

So are y'all saying you only have 1-2 meals post-workout?  Guess my question is, I thought the program was designed for a 6 hr feed.  Not saying go crazy, I usually hover around 4 hrs, but I thought it was supposed to be extended over a time and fattier meals toward bedtime.

depends on a lot of things.. like for example i backload 5 to 6 times a week i don't feel i need that long of a carb feeding window.. also depends on type of training, what time you train,  current size, your goals and so on...

apisula2000

depends on a lot of things.. like for example i backload 5 to 6 times a week i don't feel i need that long of a carb feeding window.. also depends on type of training, what time you train,  current size, your goals and so on...

I backload Mon, Wed and Fri.  I train at 530 or 6 p.m., currently 188lbs, was working at SA.  Mon-Chest/TriTues-HIITWed-Back/BiThurs - HIITFriday-Legs/ShouldersSaturday-Steady State

Richard Schmitt

For CNS yes CBL is 2-4 hours

apisula2000

For CNS yes CBL is 2-4 hours

Thanks guys.  I pretty much stay in that window since we finish our workout about 630-700 p.m.  Now that I have increased my fat intake since it had been too low for the ULC days, we will see where that takes me.  My main question in the other post was for the BL days should you keep your fat intake according to the macro tables, If i am 188lbs around 35g fat for the first half of the day?  If so, should I still be consuming around the 140g total fat for the BL days or only on ULC days.  Thanks.  Just really trying to narrow this down for perfection.  I thought I had it there, but was advised it was too low.

Gl;itch.e

I have 3. I guess it depends on how much you need to eat in that time frame and how much you can stuff in in each meal. I do about 40g protein 150g carb + fats roughly in each meal. So I need 3.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

cbl meals

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?