CLA/GLA?

• This topic has 6 voices and 29 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

JR

I mean it may be bogus. Iv'e heard from a lot of people that its garbage. But I have never tried it myself. Another thing…I don't think you should take the Yohimbe because the Oxyelite Pro contains that higher quality form of it. I'm not saying throw out the Yohimbe because I heard that it can be a useful supplement. But the Oxy should have you covered in the fat burn department. I'm personally not a fan of 1-3 dimeth though but I have not heard one bad thing about that product. I heard its one of the few fat burners that is actually beneficial. Let me know when you get to take a look at that new shockwave article I need some help on it. It seems like theres some misprints in it.

Richard Schmitt

Let me know when you get to take a look at that new shockwave article I need some help on it. It seems like theres some misprints in it.

Alright I'll check the PX here to see if they got it yet, if not I'll have to wait for a bit because we get things late here. =/

Pistard

CLA in supplement form is crap...if you feel like your getting anything from it your under a placebo effect.

You know, I'm actually not so sure. There have been studies with people taking 3-4g of CLA in supplement form per day with beneficial effects on keeping the size of fat cells low (which is a roundabout way of saying fat tended to get redistributed more evenly, which often means that people have either lost fat or just look less fat).

I started using CLA/GLA to supplement from studies and a book called Anabolic Power (it's at my office and I'm at home now but it goes through all sorts of supplements legal and otherwise (in the US) for strength) and CLA/GLA seemed to have properties to reduce fat cells and help release fat.  I think thought that the CBL will be more effective along with supplmentation with EFAs that Kiefer recommends that will replace the CLA/GLA so I won't need these but would it be beneficial to stack them or am I wasting money?  They aren't expensive and if the research shows that brown fat cells are activated to burn more fat as a result of increased levels of these supplements then wouldn't I want to keep taking it along with Kiefer's list?Bill

JR

Pistard

The livestrong site has a string of opinions and the book I had on Anabolics quotes the studies which mentioned triggering fat cells to release as Naomi mentioned.I think again I'm back to square one with the basic question of whether the CLA/GLA would work synergistically with the MCT/coconut oil or whether the lineolic acid would not be beneficial and therefore I should chuck it.  I'm not a scientist (just a government/military IT lawyer in software engineering/network opns and reserve JAG) but as far as I'm aware Kiefer's protocol and thoughts on back loading with how to maximize tGLUT for muscle growth works in conjunction with the fat burning mechanisms the rest of the day so that the principles of maximizing fat cell release based on research that recommend CLA/GLA would compliment rather that contradict CBL.  Again, not a scientist, just seems logical.  I did read that the t-10, c-12 form of CLA is the kind that prevents fat cell filling.  If this is the kind of CLA that is needed and the basis for the dispute then I need to find the right kind of CLA I guess.http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_science/cla_poison_or_gift;jsessionid=E60D04CB086F5A2C5D1D7339D2B0A2F1-mcd02.hydraBill

JR

Was the study conducted on rats? There are studies to support every supplement out there. CLA has studies showing and disproving its effectiveness. I have used CLA before and the only fat it burned was from my wallet.

JR

The livestrong link has references its not just a string of opinions

Naomi Most

lol @ the content farm websites.  I see your LIVESTRONG and raise you a BODYBUILDING dot com!  😀http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mike8.htmThe studies I was remembering are described on this page and were conducted using humans.I haven't scrutinized any of this though. That's why I say "I'm not sure".

JR

http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/249/perspective-read-now/      Checkmate  8)      I think money is a very strong argument for avoiding certain supplements. Vitargo is one supplement that comes to mind. I mean there are studies to support it being the fastest carb source but does that mean I'm going to spend a ridiculous amount of money on it for probably no different results than using the cheaper dextrose. (Possibly Funded by the company*) CLA won't give you anything a good training routine and diet can't. I think it was funded by the company.

JR

I see your Bodybuilding dot com and raise you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NInMgDA6IB0        ;D

robhally

I see your Bodybuilding dot com and raise you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NInMgDA6IB0        ;D

HAHA!!! I've seen these guys before; they are entertaining to watch but that's about it. Not the best place to get your facts from... I'm not for or against CLA, but these guys aren't validating your argument. These guys are hilarious though.

JR

I had to do it DH Naomi raised me Bodybuilding dot com  😀       

Pistard

It's all very confusing.Some studies say it helps animals.  Some it helps increase lean body mass, some reduces fat.  I'm going to finish what I have left and that's it.  Went to GNC and got the Omega-3, plus stuff to make AM Accelerator (whey and coconut oil capsules), the pre-workout mixture and the post-workout.  Don't need the extra money expenditures with the cost of a lot of supps.  I need to put the mental effort into working out and planning food, plus invest the money into a good gym and quality food.  The base gym sucks.  I'm doing this on putting trust in Kiefer and his program.  So I'm going to trust Kiefer and see where this goes with my coach having okay'd it and we've adapted the program and my workout plan to the program too so things are synched to work with CBL and CN basics.  I wanted to see what other angles would help as well but it sounds like it may NOT be that beneficial after all.  Bill

stephenhdmrs

I took CLA when I first started.  I don't know if that or my calorie restricted diet made me lose fat.  I can tell you I didn't lose fat quickly that's for sure.  It didn't help me enough to warrant another giant bottle of it.  When I stopped taking it, I lost weight just as quickly.  That's my not-so-scientific research.

JR

Jimmy Struthers is the only person that makes gains on CLA…. he says he's losing all kinds of fat……

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CLA/GLA?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?