CLA/GLA?

• This topic has 6 voices and 29 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Pistard
    Keymaster

I've been taking CLA and GLA as a supplement for quite some time but I note this is not addressed in either of Kiefer's books.  With the supplementation protocol in CBL is continued use of CLA/GLA contraindicated or should I consider continuing with the CLA/GLA if it would provide any synergistic beneficial effect?Bill

JR

CLA is bogus

Naomi Most

CLA improves brain function and reduces your risk of cancer, so it's not nothing.Switch to grass-fed beef. I mean, if you're spending money on the supplements, but still eating crap beef, you're basically putting yourself back at zero. May as well spend up for the good beef, drop the supplementation, and actually get ahead.

JR

I meant supplementation. Its a waste.  ;D

JR

Naomi Most

Yes.

Richard Schmitt

Yeah...I barely started figuring this out...I stopped taking CLA to save money. I have OxyElite Pro that I'm taking, along with forskolin, yohimbine, and green tea extract

JR

@BigTex What supplements are you currently taking?

False. It's only around because people don't eat a round diet or for some of us I don't have the time nor can I eat all the food I would need to in a day without it.

JR

CLA in supplement form is crap…if you feel like your getting anything from it your under a placebo effect.

Naomi Most

CLA in supplement form is crap...if you feel like your getting anything from it your under a placebo effect.

You know, I'm actually not so sure. There have been studies with people taking 3-4g of CLA in supplement form per day with beneficial effects on keeping the size of fat cells low (which is a roundabout way of saying fat tended to get redistributed more evenly, which often means that people have either lost fat or just look less fat).But I think a lot of the CLA additives to various products are definitely crap. And I would surmise that there are nutritional cofactors in the original source of the CLA that help the utilization of CLA.Oh, here's an article in one of my new favorite blogs about grass-fed beef:http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011/12/devil-in-feeding-trough-pge-response-to.html

JR

If you look at ZMA in the link I provided that's a great example. The study was conducted under extreme circumstances. I mean there will always be studies to confirm the effectiveness of supplements but that doesn't mean there not bs. A lot of times the supplement companies are the ones funding the studies. I mean I don't care what any study says I'm not wasting money on glutamine.  😀

Richard Schmitt

@BigTex What supplements are you currently taking?

I'm taking USPlabs OxyElite Pro, PrimaForce Yohimbine HCL, BBS C-Bolic (Forskolin), NOW Foods Green Tea Extract. I have MRM 1250 CLA, but stopped taking it. Protein I'm taking Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Isolate, Dyamtize Xpand Xtreme Pump, Dymatize Creatine, PrimaForce L-Leucine.

JR

I didn't like Xpand as a pre-workout. I'm using 1MR as a pre-workout now. I'm taking Primaforce L-Leucine now too. You may want to consider dropping Forskolin in the future I heard its not that great but I never tried it.

Richard Schmitt

I didn't like Xpand as a pre-workout. I'm using 1MR as a pre-workout now. I'm taking Primaforce L-Leucine now too. You may want to consider dropping Forskolin in the future I heard its not that great but I never tried it.

Not great like in how?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CLA/GLA?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?