CNS and CBL Members Please Read

• This topic has 16 voices and 29 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

Thank you for taking the time to click and possibly read this thread. Word of warning, I am not trying to be that “Asshole” or “Dick” to anyone on these forums, but somethings need to be re-mentioned once again.Now to the point, there has been new members joining the ranks on these forums and to DH. First off welcome to the new members, and to the older group glad y'all stayed with us. Everyone here does their part to help each other with their goals, plans, questions, etc. With that being said, a lot of new members are asking the exact same question or wondering the exact same thing as many of us has before. Meaning that there are threads and posts put up in these forums with the answer. Up at the right side of your computer, latop, or bottom area where you use Tapatalk is a 'Search' button. Use it. It's there for a reason. If you can't find the answer to your question, then feel free to make a thread and post that question. Please don't use the entire forum to post a ton of questions, make one thread and go from there. If it's a single question not needing much attention, then PM a moderator or someone who can help. I'm sure we'll be more than willing to answer. Also, if you had bought either books (CNS or CBL), read it before posting questions...this is a given. Many answers are already in the book(s). Also, if you're new to CBL entirely don't post some new piece of information without actually knowing what you might be talking about in regards with backloading or Carb Nite. If you believe it might help or work with it, then post the research and we'll all have an interesting discussion to figure it out. Again I'm not trying to be that "Asshole" or "Dick" to anyone on these forums. Don't take our Kindness for Weakness. We are here to help and be one awesome community, but there has to be a line. DH Athletes, Moderators, and Experienced DH/CBL Members, if I have left anything out please feel free to add. I want everyone to still feel comfortable to post and be apart of Dangerously Hardcore.Thank you,-Tex

Tanner Fox
    Participant

Well said Tex.  When this forum first started there were new threads opening up in the 100s per day as everything was new.  Fast forward to now and chances are the information has already been answered by someone who has had experience with the related area of your question.  We have all had to put the work in with reading the books, researching, and finding answers so please put the work in beforehand instead of cluttering up the boards.Like Tex stated, we are always happy to help, but it is becoming a bit monotonous answering the same questions daily while the information is already out there using the search button.I am inclined to possibly coordinate with the mods on here and get an FAQ going which people could go through first before posting (possibly even getting Kiefer's definitive responses on certain things).Would that be something you guys would be interested in?  It could be a continually growing post that when we find a unique situation and a concrete solution, we could post it in the FAQ.  This would obviously only be available to the CNS and CBL members though.

Richard Schmitt

The FAQ section would be ideal to get set up.

MT
    Participant

yay for FAQs, CNS specifically (as it is somewhat older) could also use a thread with useful information that's not covered in the CNS book but should definitely be applied for optimal results on CNS, e.g topics such as CNS+lifting, CNS PWO nutrition, breakfast (or lack thereof) etc

Powergirl36

Hey im sorry! Im definitely new and did not think about that.. ill pipe down. 🙂Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Richard Schmitt

Hey im sorry! Im definitely new and did not think about that.. ill pipe down. 🙂Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

I didn't mean it like that and wasn't single out one person.

Powergirl36

Okay… no worries!Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

nickl413

There needs to be a better FAQs and stickies if you want to cut down on people asking the same questions. 

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

I agree with you BigTex and TannerFox +1 on the FAQ section

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

nickl413

Oh, I didnt read tanner's post and see that he already mentioned that.Not trying to criticize anyone, just being honest here- this board is pretty disorganized.  There shouldn't even be a FAQ section.  The fact that there is both a FAQ section and an official questions section in both the CBL and CNS sections and people posting questions in both is silly.  There should be a FAQ STICKY in the questions sections for CBL and CNS.  And it should be titled "Frequently Asked Questions; READ BEFORE POSTING" Although it won't completely stop repeat questions, I think it would cut down considerably.

Gavin White
    Participant

Hey Tex, I think you make a good point. I'll admit to being one of those who asked questions which in sure had been asked before. But as time has gone on I've gotten better at using the forum, including things like the search bar, or checking posts by particular members. This has certainly helped answer more questions that I haven't had to ask. It just takes time getting used to the site at first. I think the confusing thing for newbies is the different threads available. There's CNS discussion, official QnA and frequently asked questions... It's like, where do I look. Maybe one frequently asked questions section and one general CNS section would be enough. And in one of those add updates to the book, as we all now some info in it is now out of date. The work you guys put in is really appreciated as this forum has helped me stick to the program. So I hope my thoughts, albeit from someone only 3 carb Nites in, is useful in some way.

sckiely
    Participant

I'll be honest, that is exactly why I don't read everything as much anymore. We have all been there and done it already to most of the things arising, so I do not feel the need to readdress many questions.That being said I am more than happy to answer specific stuff or messages. I should actually look at becoming a moderator? Maybe?

CptSmash

Sticky <10% Bodyfat posting… I'm tired of searching, plus I need help to prove some of the theories ;D.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I started an FAQ like 6 months ago…and gave it to Naomi. Dunno where it is now but I could re-start it. 

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I started an FAQ like 6 months ago...and gave it to Naomi. Dunno where it is now but I could re-start it.

That would be fantastic. Especially since you guys know what's asked 5,000 times. I think even having sections for people that backload at other times of the day would be very helpful...I know I would be sticking to that "area" more than anything. I try and do searches but the information is kind of all over the place sometimes (not all of the time) and often changes with different posts.I appreciate all of you who take the time to organize the forum and answer questions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CNS and CBL Members Please Read

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?