Coconut Oil & Clarity

• This topic has 7 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

theilercabin

Gang,I am curious has anyone else realized any sort of slight or significant effect from the continued usage of coconut oil and/or MCT oil with regards to mental clarity (Cognition) and/or memory.  When it comes to a self-serving sort of subjective-feeling based result such as supplementing with coconut oil and it's subsequent mental benefits - I am very skeptical as I know how influential the placebo effect can be.  Yet, day to day I am very much experiencing a significant improvement with mental clarity especially with regards to memory.  I usually have exceptional cognition which isn't an issue, yet my memory and access to short-term memory can be very fuzzy at times.  For instance, if some one were to fire off a phone number to me, it is highly likely I would immediately forget it.  Well lately, I am recalling and accessing my short-term memory exceptionally well, so well that it has created a pattern of which I recognize as a change. Anyone else experiencing anything of this sort?

stephenhdmrs

My Coconut oil has been sitting on my kitchen counter but based off this it looks like I need to get on that.  I didn't even know that there were “side effects.”  I thought all that was from coffee itself.  i will post again once I give it a try for a couple days.

theilercabin

It isn't the coffee.  I've been drinking Americanoes and high grade coffee like a professional for years.  Only thing I've changed really is my saturated fat intake, which has went significantly up.

Jeremy Wade
    Participant

I've added coconut oil recently, largely thanks to the research you have been finding and posting here, and I have had a change in my cognitive functions that I would consider to be improved, but I am still doing CNS and have made many changes to my intake in the same time period, so I couldn't reliably attribute it to coconut oil or any one thing unfortunately.

stephenhdmrs

I maybe noticed a increase in cognitive function.  But I also had in the back of my mind what you said.  Will I be happy with the placebo effect anyways?  Hell yes!  I'm sticking with it either way.

Naomi Most

Hee hee. I love it when you guys independently discover stuff like this.http://www.bulletproofexec.com/podcast-13-how-to-take-care-of-your-brain-with-coconut-oil-ketones/

theilercabin

Shit, girlfriend I been done memorized that Podcast.  I seriously think I am a freak show.  Other folks must think I am mad in the head.  I download awesome podcasts and augment my daily knowledge intake with audio podcasts whenever I cannot read or work.  If I am driving, working out, or cannot pick up a book, I am listening to a critical podcast.  I simply cannot get enough, just like sex.  If I could workout, f#C3, and read/learn I would need nothing else, except my little guy – love the little guys.  Naomi, the BE site is pretty good, he puts forth a lot of effort.  I just ordered the Zeo, sleep machine.  Can't wait to give it a try.  I really want to start being able to quantify every single piece of critical data I can, even the subjective.We live in a very, very exciting time.  Super pumped!!!!

sckiely
    Participant

Here is a link some of you may find interesting, Sort of follows the extremes of this thread:http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/Conquering%20Alzheimers%20with%20Coconut%20Ketones.htmThere is a fair amount of research going on at the moment to support this

Allenxld

Here is a link some of you may find interesting, Sort of follows the extremes of this thread:http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/Conquering%20Alzheimers%20with%20Coconut%20Ketones.htmThere is a fair amount of research going on at the moment to support this

Totally excellent information! Being 48 with grandparents on one side both having Alzheimers this is fabulous news! Looks like CNS and coconut oil does more than advertised!! Thanks!

Richard Schmitt

I should start getting my grandma into taking Coconut Oil…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Coconut Oil & Clarity

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?