Collecting Data for "Cracking the code"

• This topic has 10 voices and 15 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Shane Layton

Fellow DH'ers:I firmly believe that each one of us must "crack the code" of our own unique physiology to unlock the true value of Kiefer's programs. It can't be ignored that many people are not realizing success while others are, while following the same guidelines. I think those that realize success right away - simply by following the general guidelines of the book(s) - have physiological codes that happen to be inline with the guidelines. Conversely, those that aren't seeng success, must make modifications to macros, calories, etc. to dial in and crack their own code. But how?I'd like to come up with a better way for DH members to crack their code, and a better way for our DH experts to help them with that, rather than just running down the typical checklist of eat more, stress, less veggies, less chicken, less dairy, etc. There are enough members on this forum now to start collecting useful data that can benefit us all once properly compiled and analyzed. I'm sure Kiefer would like to see some stats as well.I would like to create a spreadsheet and populate it with member progress data, including which protocol is being used, user starting/ending stats, and prior diet history. I think we can collect enough data to see trends of what does/doesn't work for particular body types/genetics. Then we can use that data to evaluate those that fall into certain categories and crack their code to drive toward success. The spreadsheet could be kept on Google docs, and everyone could have access to input their data, and update as they wish. I will be happy to put together a rough draft spreadsheet, and people can recommend other significant input parameters to track as well. What does everyone think? Are you willing to participate? Any comments/suggestions? Good idea/bad idea?

Damon Amato
    Participant

sounds interesting, though you'd need some concrete data to show clear evidence of trends.  Worth a shot at least.

Marty P Koch
    Participant

Sounds great.This should be of great use down the road rather than short-term, but anything helps.

Shane Layton

sounds interesting, though you'd need some concrete data to show clear evidence of trends.  Worth a shot at least.

At the very least, any member with a log could input their progress data, so we have it all in one place. I think this would be very valuable info. Ultimately it could help moderators such as yourself make a more accurate diagnosis when someone is not seeing progress. It will take some time, but it is an investment. Some people have run multiple stints on more than one protocol. This can all be captured. Maybe we could even have 3 spreadsheets for all 3 protocols (CNS, SA, and DB).

Sounds great, and will definitely benefit DH'ers of the future.Cory

acarnovale

I would definitely contribute. I like this idea a lot.

Fairy

I'll participate 🙂

BenjaminD

I'm willing to contribute, partly because I need the help!

Shane Layton

Pretty good feedback so far.I'll try and put together the rough draft over this coming weekend.

Chuck

Sounds good I think if we key in on the main points you really got something here, a clear way to refine the whole experience.

meeh

I would join this, i havent cracked my code yet.

sckiely
    Participant

I am curious on this topic as there was due to be a software release that would solve this problem, that could  then be users with clients too?Any update on this software would be awesome?

Damon Amato
    Participant

I think the issues with it have caused it to be a lot lower on the “getting done” list. Finding a reliable tech person to do the hard stuff is pretty aggravating.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I think this sounds interesting. Sounds like a lot of work though  😉I've been seriously thinking about what you first talked about...CBL is really individualized and I'm just a lab rat right now. I'm testing all sorts of methods to see what works the best. I do think if anyone is looking for a quick fix then this might not work for them in the long-term. It certainly has a great foundation but making tweaks seems to be the only way to be successful.I think gathering information would be helpful to a lot of people trying to see "what to do next or what to do if". I'm on my 13th week so I'd be glad to contribute. Are you considering doing a male vs female version as well?

ChetSteadman
    Participant

I would definitely like to contribute to this as well. It's a great idea, especially to see how certain tweaks affect certain people.

I've been seriously thinking about what you first talked about...CBL is really individualized and I'm just a lab rat right now. I'm testing all sorts of methods to see what works the best. I do think if anyone is looking for a quick fix then this might not work for them in the long-term. It certainly has a great foundation but making tweaks seems to be the only way to be successful.

Absolutely. It definitely seems to be extremely individualized. I think that's because this isn't a "diet by numbers" type system. For example, if you want to bulk eat  several hundred calories over your maintenance, or several hundred under maintenance to lose weight/cut. I would say those kinds of diets would produce similar "results"(whether good or bad) for most people. CBL and CNS are not like that at all. They are intrinsically tied to a person's hormonal state, which is most likely  what makes it harder to find the sweet spot for people as this will vary greatly for everybody.With more people starting logs and tracking actions/results, as well possibly starting this community wide results tracker, hopefully we can get it to a point where everybody can find their sweet spot sooner.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Collecting Data for "Cracking the code"

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?