Cooking Bacon

• This topic has 12 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Blake Norfleet
    Participant

How do you guys/ladies cook your bacon? I'm only doing like 3 lbs. at a time and making mess with it.  🙂  Also, where are buying your 10+ lbs. of stuff, the grocey store? Just looking for some options.

nickl413

If I have a lot, I'll lay it out on a large sheet pan and do it in the oven.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Lol – you shoulda seen some of my recent posts. I've started the Detox and it's a TON of bacon. So in the last week I fried it (messssy), baked (less messy but took 60m…), grilled on the grill (tasty but a lot of work) and microwaved it (gross).So right now I'm using it on the stove top with a sheet of foil on top. There must be a better way but it's better than the other's I've tried.

raisethebarbell

I use fully cooked from Costco. Just microwave it to preferred crispness. It's their Kirkland brand and sourced from Hormel I believe. Not nitrate free or anything but convenient for sure.

Cropsy

I find cooking bacon in the oven at 180c (about 355f) for about 20 minutes yields best results.

reachy

I do mine in the oven at 160 on a sheet.  Also, have made bacon soup with a few fibrous veggies thrown in which has been quite tasty!

pshannon

JudyMetcalf

Deep Fried Bacon!  May even pick me up one of those little fry daddies this week!

tlfoxy

I make about 3 lbs. of bacon a week.  I use a wok with a spit shield on it.  I cut it in to smaller pieces, maybe a 1/4 inch and fry it that way.  It's fast and the wok cooks evenly. I also save the residual grease in an old Coconut Oil jar for cooking.  Nothing better than eggs cooked in bacon grease.

Jeffrey Hansen
    Participant

Foil a baking sheetRoll up the packet of bacon like a magazine to loosen it, makes it easier to peel apartLay pieces on foiled baking sheet, single file for crispy, double for softer Put bacon in cold ovenBake at 400, my oven takes 25 minutes for crispy (remove when it's color you like)Move all bacon to a paper towel covered baking sheetEnjoy

Dr. Rocky Patel
    Participant

Foil a baking sheetRoll up the packet of bacon like a magazine to loosen it, makes it easier to peel apartLay pieces on foiled baking sheet, single file for crispy, double for softer Put bacon in cold ovenBake at 400, my oven takes 25 minutes for crispy (remove when it's color you like)Move all bacon to a paper towel covered baking sheetEnjoy

+1

CaseyD

I usually do the same, except I'll bump it up to 450 and 17 minutes seems to do the trick… Just be careful of any really thin slices, I ended up with a couple extra crispy pieces last time.

IronFreakShow

I cook 10lbs. of bacon each week. I have 2 large, lidded pots, something you would use to cook chili in (roughly6-8″ high sides). I just get them warm/hot (I hate burnt bacon), and start dropping a pound into each one. if you keep the lids on it really keeps the mess down. I can cook all 10lbs. in about 40-45 minutes. Its starts to cook faster because I leave the grease in the pots and that seems to speed up the process. Then when I'm all done, I let the grease cool, scoop it out and save it for when I cook my leaner meats and eggs. DOUBLE WIN.

reachy

That's beautiful man!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cooking Bacon

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?