Cough Drops

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

thezukiman
    Participant

So, I’ve had a NASTY cough for the last 2 days that only seems to arrive as soon as my head hits the pillow for sleep. The only thing that seems to work and allow me to sleep is keeping a cough drop in my mouth all night. Here is what I’m using:
    http://www.ricola.com/en-us/Products/Sugar-Free-Menthol-Fresh

It’s the Menthol Fresh Sugar Free Ricolas.
    Nutrition:
    Per drop: 8 kcal, carbohydrate 3.5g, sugars 0g, sugar alcohols 3.5g, other carbohydrates 0g, fats 0g, fiber 0g, sodium 0g, vitamin C 0mg.
    Ingredients:
    Active Ingredient
    (in each drop)
    Menthol, 8 mg Cough supressant
    Inactive Ingredients
    aspartame, extract of eucalyptus and Ricola’s herb mixture (elder, horehound, hyssop, lemon balm, linden flowers, mallow, peppermint, sage, thyme, wild thyme), isomalt, natural color (chlorophyll), natural flavor (eucalyptus oil), sorbitol

So, apparently sweetened via aspartame/sorbitol. My question is will these kill my fat burning at night and in the morning? If so, does anyone have any ULC suggestions for a BAD case of the coughs (preferably another cough drop alternative)?

Thanks!

-Z

Richard Schmitt

You’ll be alright, just try to get better.

Penny Danner
    Participant

Sounds like sinus drainage…it was happening to me at night only too. It helped me to prop my head up a little. But if the cough drops help. 🙂

thezukiman
    Participant

Thanks Big Tex…I guess in the grand scheme of things it isn’t that big of a deal, but I can be a stickler for trying to drain every last benefit from what I’m doing and tend to overthink lol!

Yea I’ve been sick for a while now Penny…should have just went and got a few shots at the genesis of it all (but I’m a “penny pincher” no pun intended of course lol!) I tried propping the head up to no avail…I recently purchased some “Mucinex DM” and take it bout 30 min-1hr. before bed and it has allowed me to go sans cough drops for once!

Thx.

-Z

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cough Drops

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?