Critique my "off day" menu

• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

apisula2000

This is my off day menu for tomorrow5 a.m. 1tbsp coconut oil, 2 cups coffee1130 - 8oz chicken, 2 cups lettuce, 3 slice bacon 1730 - 8oz 80/20 ground beef, 8 slices turkey pepperoni, feta cheese (making ultra low carb pizza)830-9 - 3 slices bacon/2 fried eggsCalories: 1462Fat: 98gCarbs: 3gProtein: 147gMy weight is 188lbs.I have a HIIT training tomorrow.  Thanks.

Richard Schmitt

Increase fats to 140g

apisula2000

Increase fats to 140g

How bout another tablespoon of coconut oil?  Usually, I hover around 130g protein and about 90g of fat.  I guess my fat is too minimal?  I am SA, so have always been kinda nervous going to high on fats, but also nervous that I wasn't taking enough.  I know u should somewhat balance fats and proteins on ULC days.  I have seen some people say on here though that fats should significantly outweigh protein.

Richard Schmitt

While being ULC, the fats should be higher than protein. Getting in the .8g/BW for protein is a good idea, especially from whole foods. It is not difficult to do so. The fats need to be around .75g/BW if not higher.

apisula2000

While being ULC, the fats should be higher than protein. Getting in the .8g/BW for protein is a good idea, especially from whole foods. It is not difficult to do so. The fats need to be around .75g/BW if not higher.

Tex,Thanks again for your input, as always very helpful.  I will implement the following changes immediately and see how my body reacts.  I will just start using unsalted butter more to do my cooking to add more fats. 

Tex,Thanks again for your input, as always very helpful.  I will implement the following changes immediately and see how my body reacts.  I will just start using unsalted butter more to do my cooking to add more fats.

Unsalted butter? Whats up with that??!!! lol

I'd agree, when it comes to cooking salted butter is bomb.Or make compound butter. Omnomnom

apisula2000

I'd agree, when it comes to cooking salted butter is bomb.Or make compound butter. Omnomnom

Unfortunately, in the house we only have margarine or unsalted butter right now.  How do you make compound butter?  Sounds great!  So now that I got my fat intake adjusted for ULC days, I went back through the book to read again, but still slightly confused.  Should I also on my BL days M, W, and Fri, keep fight intake around 35g fat for the first half.  Additionally, do I am taking in 225g-250g carbs on BL nights.  I know you want the fattier foods towards bedtime, but do I still want to keep the total fat at the 140g range for the entire day or just the first half as stated above? 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Critique my "off day" menu

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?