Crushing Carbs Like It Ain’t No Thang

• This topic has 3 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

oshare
    Keymaster

2 hours into a carb nite and I'm already past 800g.  Started off with ice cream and tapioca pudding, then moved onto jasmine rice covered in cottage cheese and salsa, then upside down pineapple cake, and am now currently on russet potatoes smothered in maple syrup and apple butter.  Roommate just called me and said he has a ton of leftovers from a photo shoot he was on set for today (he's a high-fashion photographer; models don't eat = tons of leftovers).  Expecting to go well over 1000g without any issue.  I'll cap it at 4 hours.  I fucking love science. 

BenjaminD

How long do you plan on running your CN on a regular basis? Are you cutting it short due to your carb consumtion or did you plan on a 4 hour window?I ask because I am running CNS and my first CN will be next week sometime, depending on when I feel I've entered keto (I've done like 3 prep phases and have yet to "feel" keto). Anyways, keep packing it away brother! Props from down the 401.

nickl413

nice haul!  When I did CNS i could never get much more than about 500g or so before feeling like my gut was bout to tear wide open.  Benjamin- everyone experiences keto differently.  You may never feel bad.  If you don't, lucky you.  I always feel like trash on re-entry.  If you did the diet right, it's pretty much impossible to not be in ketogenesis/ketosis.

oshare

I keep the window to 4 hours because I can't sleep if I spike insulin too close to going to bed.  I like a good 2-3 hours of low insulin levels before falling asleep, otherwise I toss and turn all night long. I usually start the CN around 4 and end by 8.  I just crush food like a madman then call it quits.  I know I've done it right if I feel like myself again by like 9:30-10:00.  I'm doing a hybrid CNS/CBL every 5th day refeed at the moment and it's working really well. 

BenjaminD

nice haul!  When I did CNS i could never get much more than about 500g or so before feeling like my gut was bout to tear wide open.  Benjamin- everyone experiences keto differently.  You may never feel bad.  If you don't, lucky you.  I always feel like trash on re-entry.  If you did the diet right, it's pretty much impossible to not be in ketogenesis/ketosis.

Correcting mistakes made in earlier prep-phase attempts, I've added butter (or coconut oil) to just about all my meals in an attempt to keep fat levels equal to or higher than protein. Other than that I've kept training as per usual and am looking forward to hulk smashing some carbs. BOOM!

I keep the window to 4 hours because I can't sleep if I spike insulin too close to going to bed.  I like a good 2-3 hours of low insulin levels before falling asleep, otherwise I toss and turn all night long. I usually start the CN around 4 and end by 8.  I just crush food like a madman then call it quits.  I know I've done it right if I feel like myself again by like 9:30-10:00.  I'm doing a hybrid CNS/CBL every 5th day refeed at the moment and it's working really well. 

I'm also considering having a CN every 5th or 6th day, depending on my progress. I would like to schedule it the night after or the night prior to leg training. Do you do anything similar?

oshare

Yeah, my CN is always after deads or squats. The 4 days leading up is a lot of volume work with gymnastics and rock climbing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Crushing Carbs Like It Ain’t No Thang

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?