crystal light

• This topic has 7 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Luis S.

So lately ive been drinking crystal light because ive just been needing something sweet. I read the ingredients and did some research on it and it doesnt raise blood sugar levels, but i wanted to see what you guys thought about it, and some insight from naomi would help too.

Richard Schmitt

Me too, I really enjoy drinking this stuff with my water.

Damon Amato
    Participant

it has ace-k in it (as far as i know) that will spike insulin levels according to Kiefer.  I'd put it on the “limit” list but maybe not the “zomg never have” list.

Luis S.

Dam and to think i gulped down half a gallon of this stuff yesterday lol. Thanks for the help guys.

Newfiedan
    Participant

How far along are you into the orientation phase? I have found that on the diet I am not having any sweet cravings at all.

kvndai

just had a carb nite tonight. ate 1lb of pasta and marinara, large pizza, and a falafal sandwich. i was eating with my friends and i was eyeing his sprite all night long lol. i didnt drink any and stuck with water, but i did have a small craving for soda

Newfiedan
    Participant

If you want to get the max out of a carb nite do a hard workout around 5 pm or so that way you can go simple carbs and enjoy that sprite plus any simple carbs you want. This is what I do, my most recent carb nite entailed a medium chicken supreme pizza, a frosted cinnamon role and a cherry cheese danish.

kvndai

dang it i guess i'll have to wait until next week to do that then  :'(

Brandon

When you have your artificially sweetened drinks have them with your meals. This will lessen the likelyhood of an insulin release.

Luis S.

Thank man! ^ And since were already on the topic, i usually use around 10 packets of splenda on my morning coffee (am accelerator shake) do you think this is too much? or maybe i should switch to stevia? (ive heard its different from splenda and a lot better)

Kris1501

i usually use around 10 packets of splenda on my morning coffee (am accelerator shake) do you think this is too much?

Damn you have one heck of a sweet tooth.... Isn't splenda cut with Maltodextrin? 10 packets has got to be too much......

IOWA.PharmD

I think you assume splenda packets contain 1 g of carbs a piece.

Luis S.

I just hate the bitterness of coffee. You guys know if there are any other sugar substitute that i can go nuts on without any implications?

Kris1501

Sweet leaf stevia…..

Newfiedan
    Participant

It is pretty good if you add some whey isolate to it, kind of like a mocha if you use chocolate. I like to do this for a treat on occasion but I find my coffee tastes best with some coconut oil and whipping cream in it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

crystal light

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?