discovery of new exercise-regulated hormone Irisin

• This topic has 4 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Naomi Most

I wrote a new article on DeltaSelf (my collaborative science blog) about the research released today.http://www.deltaself.com/2012/01/newly-discovered-exercise-hormone-irisin/

sckiely
    Participant

Thats quite a funky find. Could have found a better name for it though. Why does nothing get given a cool name  ;D

Thats quite a funky find. Could have found a better name for it though. Why does nothing get given a cool name  ;D

Like something involving "Heman-in" hahaAt the bottom they start to mention the whole white and brown fat thing. It's amazing stuff but people really think that a pill that increases brown fat would make them lean? Come on, if it worked you would be like a walking sweating ball of solid fat instead of squishy fat.

Allenxld

Has anyone heard about a new product called Laminine? I received an email from a friend about it. Supposedly reduces cortisol (bad for DH'ers) and elevates seratonin. I'm just wonderin.

Naomi Most

Like something involving "Heman-in" hahaAt the bottom they start to mention the whole white and brown fat thing. It's amazing stuff but people really think that a pill that increases brown fat would make them lean? Come on, if it worked you would be like a walking sweating ball of solid fat instead of squishy fat.

EXACTLY.That's why these science press releases piss me off.

exactly, who has tons of brown fat… oh yeah bears… have you ever seen a lean bear? …. pause… exactly!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

discovery of new exercise-regulated hormone Irisin

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?