Discussion: What Multivitamin Do You Take?

• This topic has 14 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Marcoh
    Keymaster

Hey everyone,I wanted to create this thread to encourage the discussion of the use of Multivitamins and in particular, what Multivitamin you personally use, and why?My Multi: The Multivitamin I take is "Anavite" by Gaspari NutrionLink: http://www.gasparinutrition.com/products/anavite/What I like about this Multivitamin is not only does it cover all the basics, but there also are sufficient dosages of Beta-Alanine, which enhances muscle recovery to my knowledge/understanding. I'm personally not too savvy when it comes to  Multivitamins and started taking Anavite based off a recommendation. I'll be finishing off my months supply soon and will then be switching to Animal Pak, which I received for free from a friend.Link to Animal Pak: http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?ID=7I would love to here people's opinions on these two Multivitamins, and look forward to seeing what everyone else is taking.

nickl413

I've tried Animal Pak and thought hmmm meh.  I feel and preform just fine with a centrum.  I think Animal Pak is more for the serious body builder who is depleted in a  lot of micro nutrients.  Also I'd be wary of the Digestive Enzyme Complex if you're doing CNS since one of the main goals is to stop your body from producing certain enzymes that break down carbs.  Maybe Kiefer can shed some light on that.  In case he sees this thread I'll save him some time and list the Digestive Enzyme Complex:  Bromelain, Inulin, Lipase, Pancreatin, Papain and VegPeptase 2000.  😀

I wouldn't use Centrum they use pharma filler. Animal pak is good, but it's also a lot for someone to break down in one sitting, I used to split it up into two meals. I only used to take that when I was going super heavy and trained every day, or if I was dieting very aggressively.I'm currently using ON Optimen, I like it because it's 3 tabs and I have one in morning noon and night.I think each person should look at what they really need. If it seems they have an issue with taking them, then try taking something like Alive which is made from whole food sources.I am always a fan of paks over regular tablets, I unfortunately have been scared off for a little while because I had an allergic reaction to a pak I was trying.

TheRev

I do competitive powerlifting and have taken Animal Pak for years. It is true though, take one that suits your needs. I will say that one thing I don't like about the Gaspari line is they seem to be years behind in nutritional science. Anavite is a perfect example. They put boron in it, which was thought to have increased testosterone production….ten years ago! All things considered, go with what works best for you

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I wouldn't use Centrum they use pharma filler.

What is pharma filler?  Is it something I should be concerned about?  I just use the multi-vitamin from Sam's Club.

either plastics or Inositol usually

Cropsy

I am trying to find a decent multivitamin now that I'm doing CNS and I'm at a loss to find one in the supermarket or pharmacy that doesn't contain sucralose or glycerin etc. These are no good on CNS, right?

dmmethod

I also use ON OptiMen. I'll go off of it for a while but I always seem to gravitate back to it. It has a decent price point and I've never had any issues w/ it. Hell, for all I know it could be pressed sawdust but in my own head it makes me feel better (whatever that means). I guess all I'm saying is I haven't found any reason to Not take it. I'm interested to see how this thread pans out.

Mjl1030

I use Optimen and also Orange Triad as a joint suppliment.

jcgomez

I'm currently using ON Optimen, I like it because it's 3 tabs and I have one in morning noon and night.

+1 for OptimenI also tried a vitamin D supplement, but my body didn't like it. So that is out. I also take a green tea supplement, but when I run out, I am cutting that out. Finally, I take ON's fish oil soft gels, too.

monsieurjkb

No multi for me. Just eat yr animals, eggs and veg. That said, I do supp with selenium, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin d

Dom salamone

A great macro multi I take is called pure encapsulation.

zewski

No multi for me. Just eat yr animals, eggs and veg. That said, I do supp with selenium, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin d

Same minus selenium. What's the point of that?

monsieurjkb

Selenium plays important role in thyroid function, which affects every aspect of physiology. The recommended dose is approximately 200 mcg/d.Selenium is plentiful in organ meats, ocean fish, and in brazil nuts. One brazil nut contains 100 mcg of selenium, but it also contains a whopping 1 g of omega-6 linoleic acid, which as you know from previous articles in the series, we want to limit significantly. This is why I don’t recommend brazil nuts as a source of selenium. Ocean fish are also good sources of selenium. 100 g of cod contains about 150 mcg.

http://chriskresser.com/9-steps-to-perfect-health-4-supplement-wiselyhttp://chriskresser.com/selenium-the-missing-link-for-treating-hypothyroidism

sarah_h88

Hey everyone,I wanted to create this thread to encourage the discussion of the use of Multivitamins and in particular, what Multivitamin you personally use, and why?My Multi: The Multivitamin I take is "Anavite" by Gaspari NutrionLink: http://www.gasparinutrition.com/products/anavite/What I like about this Multivitamin is not only does it cover all the basics, but there also are sufficient dosages of Beta-Alanine, which enhances muscle recovery to my knowledge/understanding. I'm personally not too savvy when it comes to  Multivitamins and started taking Anavite based off a recommendation. I'll be finishing off my months supply soon and will then be switching to Animal Pak, which I received for free from a friend.Link to Animal Pak: http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?ID=7I would love to here people's opinions on these two Multivitamins, and look forward to seeing what everyone else is taking.

i have a free sample of anavite and wouldn't mind trying it. when would be the optimal time to take this on CBL? since it has beta alanine and other added things in it which may effect insulin levels during the day?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Discussion: What Multivitamin Do You Take?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?