EAAs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

thezukiman
    Participant

Haven’t posted in a while and honestly been following a standard BB diet for a while now. The new site/forum has got me turned around as well…

I plan to do the 10 day prep phase, but am worried about potential muscle loss. I would love to add in something to help thwart that…enter “EAAs”. I was thinking of adding in 10g to to some water and sipping on it between meals to stave off possible muscle catabolism and if nothing else just give me some piece if mind. Here’s the brand:

http://truenutrition.com/p-1154-eaas-essential-amino-acids-instantized-powder-500-grams.aspx

Any issues this might cause?

Thanks!

-Z

thezukiman
    Participant

After further reading I’m guessing its a no go bc leucine itself can apparently spike insulin..and thus void why we are ulc to begin with…

Still any input is appreciated!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry about muscle loss. It’s not going to happen unless you are overtraining.

thezukiman
    Participant

Thanks iBob… It’s been a while.

I’m doing a John Meadows program… So they leg day I’m sure is going to feel like over training with no carbs LOL

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

That’s why you have to reduce the volume. This can be done a couple different ways.

If a certain exercise is supposed to heavy, say 5 sets of 5, I’d reduce it to 5 sets of 3, but keep the weight about the same.

If a certain exercise is supposed to be high rep and supposed to induce a pump, like 5 sets of 12, I’d reduce it to 3 sets of 12. \

Start by reducing volume to about 60% of what you normally do and start from there.

thezukiman
    Participant

Oh ok so you would actually dial the volume down during the prep phase then, didn’t know this thanks….is that for every workout even like arms workout or just the big ones like legs and back?…..because I just entered the high volume phase of the MD program lol!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I can’t really give solid recommendations because I do not know much about bodybuilding style training. If you were lifting for strength or you were a newer lifter, I’d say to eliminate direct arm work entirely while you are ULC, however I’m willing to bet that wouldn’t be ideal for your goals.

However, I would still reduce the arm work volume too. What does your training split look like and what day are you having your Carb Nite?

thezukiman
    Participant

Today is my first ULC day…

Wed (today) – arm pump
    Thurs – off
    Fri – legs heavy
    Sat – chest/shoulders heavy
    Sun – off
    Mon- back heavy
    Tues – off
    Wed – arm pump
    Thurs – off
    Fri – legs heavy (reload ie Carb Night post workout)
    Sat – chest/shoulders heavy

Etc…

Thanks!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Ok with the arms you can just do whatever you see fit. Basically you just don’t want to kill yourself that day.

thezukiman
    Participant

Gotcha I may just knock of a set or 2 on each arm exercise. Like if it calls for 4 sets just do three.

Also, Meadows prescribes going up With sets of say 8 reps until u can’t get 8 with good form or barely get 8…I suppose with these I can just stop 1-2 reps shy of failure and call it a day.

Thanks for the help!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Both of those are good options.

thezukiman
    Participant

So iBob,

Since I am redoing the prep phase and u know I’m doing higher volume bb style trying with some heavy lifts sprinkled in would u still forgo any intra workout supplementation?

I know Keifer recommends a shake if DBibg but says leave it off if SA is your goal….but I’m assuming my training is a bit different that what he had in mind possibly?

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EAAs

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?