Eat To Perform-Both CBL/CNS Users

• This topic has 16 voices and 85 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 86 total)
  • Author

kcfoot

N = 1, but just from a strong 2 days of “refeeding” over the weekend (not clean either) I had a shitload more energy in my workout today and felt a significant difference squatting and pressing…and somehow I was “tighter” around my abs.  Time to go to pound town on some food!

Richard Schmitt

Not sure if anyone read the new article about needing water the day after having carbs, but wanted to share my thoughts on it. I would think that drinking the 4g x (amount of carbs you have the night prior) would help flush the bloat out that we all seem to get. At least I would think it would help, and never really understood why needing water was so necessary. What do y'all think about it? I'm sure it's common sense but still, I barely drink 1/2 gallon of water a day.

Mikehr

Not sure if anyone read the new article about needing water the day after having carbs, but wanted to share my thoughts on it. I would think that drinking the 4g x (amount of carbs you have the night prior) would help flush the bloat out that we all seem to get. At least I would think it would help, and never really understood why needing water was so necessary. What do y'all think about it? I'm sure it's common sense but still, I barely drink 1/2 gallon of water a day.

I think water is neccessary for every system to function properly including your muscles, ^^^doing what your doing is really detrimental to your health and performance man. I drink minimum 1 gallon a day but usually 2 gallons. Especially with a higher protein intake you need the fluids to keep your digestion and kidneys healthy

Mikehr

Brandon (LBEB guru) always says "Who tells you to eat less protein? The tiny people."

haha well what do you reccomend an intake?

Richard Schmitt

I think water is neccessary for every system to function properly including your muscles, ^^^doing what your doing is really detrimental to your health and performance man. I drink minimum 1 gallon a day but usually 2 gallons. Especially with a higher protein intake you need the fluids to keep your digestion and kidneys healthy

Problem is I'm never truly thirsty. So I don't force myself to drink. However, like you said about health and performance, it is very much needed.

kcfoot

During, after, and the day after I tend to drink more water than normal so I definitely agreed with/have experienced what he was talking about. I drink a lot of water baseline though. I have a huge kleen kanteen I go through 5+ x/day. I really like this website.

Mikehr

Problem is I'm never truly thirsty. So I don't force myself to drink. However, like you said about health and performance, it is very much needed.

Well do you think I am thirsty enough to drink 2 gallons man? Or hungry enough to eat 3000 cals? Not even close, we do what we do for the sake of our goals and performance

Richard Schmitt

Well do you think I am thirsty enough to drink 2 gallons man? Or hungry enough to eat 3000 cals? Not even close, we do what we do for the sake of our goals and performance

I freaking like that quote.

Mikehr

haha thanks  8) Its true though man, sometime I forget that to accomplish extraordinary things you can't expect to do normal things to get there. Drink up!

Richard Schmitt

haha thanks  8) Its true though man, sometime I forget that to accomplish extraordinary things you can't expect to do normal things to get there. Drink up!

and definitely eat up! Again wise words. Another note I really like how the ETP site is and how it can help those who lift 3-5x a week and do CBL. I also like how it's specifically mentioned that doing all that work and being on CNS is detrimental than helpful. Unless of course you do a Mod-CBL. Where it's controlled and less. He even had a link to a guy who used CBL to drop a ton of weight, while added strength and muscle. Granted it's for CF, but nonetheless still is applicible to those who train a lot.

Mikehr

Yeah its a great resource! I really like his attitude towards everything and I am increasing food to meet his requirements. But seeing as I am trying to INCREASE weight after a while It seems Ill have to increase more. But ill start at what the calculator gave me. So after reading that stuff Tex your still staying on CNS?  ???

Richard Schmitt

Yeah its a great resource! I really like his attitude towards everything and I am increasing food to meet his requirements. But seeing as I am trying to INCREASE weight after a while It seems Ill have to increase more. But ill start at what the calculator gave me. So after reading that stuff Tex your still staying on CNS?  ???

I'm not wanting to. I'm wanting to fix my metabolism, health, body, and performance. I'm "planning" on making a trip to the DH House soon, to possibly get some tips from the Man himself or his crew. Along with a couple of other things on my Bucket List. ;D I would like to maintain a sexy 175-180lbs while pushing 1-2x my BW in certain lifts...

Mikehr

I'm not wanting to. I'm wanting to fix my metabolism, health, body, and performance. I'm "planning" on making a trip to the DH House soon, to possibly get some tips from the Man himself or his crew. Along with a couple of other things on my Bucket List. ;D I would like to maintain a sexy 175-180lbs while pushing 1-2x my BW in certain lifts...

SO SWITCH!! Today! Haha we have been saying it for ages man, this is just icing on the cake. And thats a great goal!

tzanghi
    Participant

SO SWITCH!! Today! Haha we have been saying it for ages man, this is just icing on the cake. And thats a great goal!

+1.  Tex, it sounds like CBL SA is better for you than CNS.

bkennamer

How long have you been CN Tex?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Eat To Perform-Both CBL/CNS Users

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?