Eat To Perform-Both CBL/CNS Users

• This topic has 16 voices and 85 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • Author

momofboys
    Participant

Following along too!! Love ETP that's how I found DH.  Although I started out doing CNS, made the leap to CBL this week.

Me too, found ETP, then this site, though I had read CNS like 6 months ago.  I'm trying CNS for about 6 weeks.  I'm planning to go to CBL at that point, but it will depend on my progress.  Tonight will be my first carb nite.

Good luck to you!!

legion78

Ok so I used the calculator and pretty much sure I did everything right. 34 male, 180 lbs, VERY ACTIVE (powerlifting 4 x weekly), put 25 grams in for carbs since Im doing CNS and want to keep them below 25. The calculator came up with 180 g protein, which I understand.................but almost 250 grams of FAT. I think this is rather high on the fat side.................anyone else, and what should I be aiming for.

tzanghi
    Participant

Ok so I used the calculator and pretty much sure I did everything right. 34 male, 180 lbs, VERY ACTIVE (powerlifting 4 x weekly), put 25 grams in for carbs since Im doing CNS and want to keep them below 25. The calculator came up with 180 g protein, which I understand.................but almost 250 grams of FAT. I think this is rather high on the fat side.................anyone else, and what should I be aiming for.

I wouldn't classify powerlifting 4x per week as very active in isolation, but that's just me. 

Mikehr

I wouldn't classify powerlifting 4x per week as very active in isolation, but that's just me.

Well that site classifies very active as WOD's 3-4 times a week, which are short but typically pretty intense

tzanghi
    Participant

Well that site classifies very active as WOD's 3-4 times a week, which are short but typically pretty intense

I thought it said crossfitting 4-5 times per week would be very active?  Not that I don't think powerlifting workouts will increase your metabolism, but I don't think they'd put a 180 lb male at that high of a level.

Mikehr

I thought it said crossfitting 4-5 times per week would be very active?  Not that I don't think powerlifting workouts will increase your metabolism, but I don't think they'd put a 180 lb male at that high of a level.

Yup my mistake the OP would be moderately active, fuck according to that article I am Extra active...

tzanghi
    Participant

Yup my mistake the OP would be moderately active, fuck according to that article I am Extra active...

Get to eatin', Mike! haha  People worry too much about weight gain when trying to gain mass.  If your numbers are going up consistently, you're gaining muscle, no two ways about it.

Mikehr

Get to eatin', Mike! haha  People worry too much about weight gain when trying to gain mass.  If your numbers are going up consistently, you're gaining muscle, no two ways about it.

haha my whole life I have calorie restricted/counted now I am force feeding and losing weight!

Scope75

haha my whole life I have calorie restricted/counted now I am force feeding and losing weight!

Damn this CBL!!! LolI'd love to tell people I force feed myself and lose pounds. I don't think I'll ever be able to say that thou.

thestiffmeister
    Participant

Last two weeks I was averaging around 4000 calories a day and losing a bit of weight. Of course that's with boxing 2+ hours per day plus a couple quick and dirty weight lifting sessions. That puts me at more than extra active.

momofboys
    Participant

I am eating 2900-3300 as a girl and haven't gained!! I am very happy with the recomp though and am starting to give 2 shits about the scale!! I am almost 6 foot so it works to my advantage!!

momofboys
    Participant

And as soon as I get my computer back, my log title is going to change to, “Mom, says you should eat more”!!

thestiffmeister
    Participant

And as soon as I get my computer back, my log title is going to change to, "Mom, says you should eat more"!!

This pleases me.

Mikehr

And as soon as I get my computer back, my log title is going to change to, "Mom, says you should eat more"!!

This pleases me.

X2Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Richard Schmitt

For those who follow the TDEE Calculator from ETP…they have an App for the Android if y'all need or want it

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Eat To Perform-Both CBL/CNS Users

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?